The beautiful persons club

Official Good Luck to Bugs, Zoom-Zoom, and Ennay Thread!!! (Read 438 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That ice bath probably made a world of difference. I contemplated one, but I was chilled a little after my race and walking back to the hotel. Man, you had to have been REALLY miserable getting into that ice bath after your race in the rain. Talk about HTFU points! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

That ice bath probably made a world of difference. I contemplated one, but I was chilled a little after my race and walking back to the hotel. Man, you had to have been REALLY miserable getting into that ice bath after your race in the rain. Talk about HTFU points! Shocked
      I didn't! I was referring to the race! I did stretch afterwrads. But seriously, I'm not sore. My calves bruised pretty good post massage so I know I did some soft tissue damage to them. Nothing really hurts too bad. I ran today and it was a better easy run than most of my normal easy runs. I keep thinking I only ran 31 miles last week, 26.59 at a 9:07 pace. I have ran at least 1 - 10 mile run at a 9:10 pace or less/week the last three months, many weeks two times. I have done 6 20 + runs, some as fast as 9:22, running 50-60 mpw. My training weeks seem more like an injury risk than my marthon. However the marathon was very hard, so who knows, maybe my post marathon pain is in denial. Maybe it was the beer I drank that night!

Bugs

Bugs

Zoom, You should come run it with me, they are serving gatorade endurance!

Bugs

Another Passion

Ha, I still need to get a photo of me pointing at my 26.2 sticker, a la you and Marion. I have one of those high brake lights at the top of my hatchback window. Over the light is a zoom-zoom decal that Mazda sends to new purchasers. Just below that is my 26.2 sticker (one of those ones that goes on the inside of the window). So it looks like this: zoom-zoom 26.2 Big grin
          Sweet

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, You should come run it with me, they are serving gatorade endurance!
            Ha, I love that stuff! I need to get a vat of the powder before Spring. I should stock up in case Gatorade decides to discontinue it at some point. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Zoom, My legs hurts, just a general inflammation pain from the pounding, it just plain sucks to be me. I'm not sure how they went from fine to this achy but I'm not doing no flipping marathon this weekend. I'll drink my gatorade with my feet up in the air. Wonder how gatorade mixes with vodka?

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I don't even know if my legs hurt anymore...I mean, they don't hurt walking around, but I've not run since Friday. Yesterday I didn't plan to run and today I'm sick. Hope this passes soon, 'cause I am really feeling like a big slug.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Zoom, sorry you're sick, very easy to get sick post marathon. Not running is probably smart. I'm just glad my legs decided to hurt this weekend instead of the mddle of marathon #2. A relief almost, a working body is really important to me. I have no idea how the "marathon manics" do it.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, sorry you're sick, very easy to get sick post marathon. Not running is probably smart. I'm just glad my legs decided to hurt this weekend instead of the mddle of marathon #2. A relief almost, a working body is really important to me. I have no idea how the "marathon manics" do it.
                    I don't know how those people do a marathon every weekend or more, either. That's not something my brain can wrap itself around at all after doing one. I'm just thankful I didn't get sick a few weeks back when I felt like my immune system was dead and I wasn't sleeping well. I don't mind being sick now, so much. Though it's been beautiful out and I want to be outdoors.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

I don't know how those people do a marathon every weekend or more, either. That's not something my brain can wrap itself around at all after doing one. I'm just thankful I didn't get sick a few weeks back when I felt like my immune system was dead and I wasn't sleeping well. I don't mind being sick now, so much. Though it's been beautiful out and I want to be outdoors.
                      They must have perfect body mechanics and a bit numb too. I was wishing to be outside when I went to the pool today. I'm getting sick of running a fall marathon because I don't actually get to run much in the fall besides the marathon. I really should switch to a winter marathon and run the fall shorter races. Would score me some points with DH, as he'd like to fish more in the summer. Got your next marathon picked out yet?

Bugs