The beautiful persons club

Oh blessed day! (Read 363 times)

MAC Cosmetics releases its Hello Kitty Collection today. I think a lunch-time mall trip is in order.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, wow...I have never bought any MAC stuff, but now I may have to! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow - that's startling. Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

OMG!!! I expect to see an picture of you all dolled up after that trip!!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I called my friend Beth (complete cosmetics whore...she almost cried when the nearest Sephora left the mall) today and our conversation went like this: Me: Hey, girl...did you see what MAC just came out with? Beth: OMG, I know...and I can't even look at it...I'm trying to cut back. Me: Damn, that stinks. Beth: I know...stupid economy... And we talked a bit about her job and stuff. She works for a company that supplies products to hair salons and as people cut extra things like salon visits it is hurting her income. Beth's birthday is on 2/28. Any thoughts on items from the Hello Kitty line that she might enjoy? I'd order her something and have it shipped directly to her as a surprise. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, I just saw that liquid glitter eyeliner...that is sick. I might have to get myself that and I don't even wear makeup 99% of the time. SWEET! The lipglass looks fun, too, as do the little accessory items. *squeals*

~ Sarah Kay

I would cry if Sephora left me. God, I love that store. I didn't have a chance to check it out yet (I had a chance to visit my sister and her baby instead), but I'll try to check it out tonight. I'm leaning towards picking up the beauty powder, which I think must be like a bronzer: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1230&PRODUCT_ID=4390 Frick, the purse mirror is already sold out on the website. HK fans work quick. Big grin

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Amy, did you look to see what Nordstrom's has in stock?

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, you're smart. But sadly, Nordstrom online is out of the purse mirror too. That's okay. There's a MAC store at my local mall. And no shortage of other MAC counters. Smile

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I could use a little purse mirror. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one and get one for Beth, too. And maybe get her the liplgass, as well. As cool as that eyeliner is, I wouldn't use it more than a couple of times before it went bad. You know, I was surprised by how reasonably priced that entire line is. I was expecting $$. Are they marketing it to teenagers? 'Cause it's really fun stuff for grown-up girls, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...I could use a little purse mirror. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one and get one for Beth, too. And maybe get her the liplgass, as well. As cool as that eyeliner is, I wouldn't use it more than a couple of times before it went bad. You know, I was surprised by how reasonably priced that entire line is. I was expecting $$. Are they marketing it to teenagers? 'Cause it's really fun stuff for grown-up girls, too.
                        I would guess that's who their market is. They did a Barbie line a while back too. I'm not sure who the Dame Edna collection was created for. Smile MTA: Okay, I bought me some happy tonight. Ended up getting a "beauty powder" compact in Tahitian Sand, blush in Fun & Games, and lipstick in Most Popular. Many of the colors were much more wearable than they appeared on the website (this is a very good thing). The best product, IMO, was the beauty powder - it was really sheer and gave a nice glow. Think bronzer but much less obvious.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, cool! I wondered how garish the colors might be. I think I would definitely want to see the stuff in person.

~ Sarah Kay