The beautiful persons club

Charles Whitman (another swamp topic) (Read 167 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, Jeff, he was an engineering student - of my dad's. He switched from mechanical engineering to architectural engineering, which was my father's department. Dad said he was the nicest guy, and a good student. He gave me a book about the tower shootings, and there was a photo of the Architectural Engineers Association that included Whitman and my dad (who was the group's advisor). Spooky! They've concluded that while he did have a brain tumor, that wasn't the cause of his actions. He was actually pretty messed up for a long time, although he was good at covering up his problems.
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow. It's amazing the small-world things you can run into when attempting to do tasteless, historical humor. My uncle works at UT (long after the shootings), and I remember walking around on campus with him (around 1981 or so). He told me about the shootings, and I spend the rest of the day keeping a lookout at that tower, ready to run for cover at the first sign of trouble. Pretty paranoid for a 10-year old. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

They just re-opened the tower right before I left in 2002. It had been closed down ever since that sad day. What is crazy is if you see the movie The Tower I think it's called. It was filmed right there and after you see the movie you know where some of the people were standing when they got shot. And when you walk in or near that spot it's really creepy.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.