The beautiful persons club

Shameless self-promotion (Read 837 times)

Um. If I wanted to move to Europe I definitely could. In all seriousness my wife and I are seriously considering it. I wouldn't be rich, but I could make enough to afford a flat in London or Paris and then travel around Europe by train to gigs.
    Unless you're producing, don't bother. Seriously. I learned a while ago business and music don't mix. Making music I love wouldn't pay the bills. There were compromises and sacrifices I wasn't willing to make.

The Greatest of All Time

NICE! BTW, I listened to 2+ hours of your stuff during my 13 miler, today. VERY nice. Kind of like a running soundtrack. Big grin
      Thanks Zoomie. Glad you enjoyed it!
      Unless you're producing, don't bother. Seriously. I learned a while ago business and music don't mix. Making music I love wouldn't pay the bills. There were compromises and sacrifices I wasn't willing to make.
      I am collaborating right now on a project. No one in the US makes much money producing. I would obviously have to have a day job doing something. And it's a pipe dream anyway. Ten years ago things were much different in the industry. Today DJ's produce to inflate their DJ fees. But at the core the best DJ's are not the best producers and vice versa. But these days you have to produce to have any street cred.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        I'm *finally* getting a chance to listen to the baroque mix. Love it.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

I'm *finally* getting a chance to listen to the baroque mix. Love it.
          Awesome!!! If you were really a goth you should love my darker stuff. Or if you like Pink Floyd.

The Greatest of All Time

http://www.di.fm/calendar/event.php?event=10328
            In case any of you can stream at work, this is going to start at 11:00 CST.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I dug the Baroque mix. Listened to almost all of it last night. I like the minor-key, darker stuff. That's because my soul is a dark, black void.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

That's because my soul is a dark, black void.
                My life is a darkroom. One. Big. Dark. Room.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

I dug the Baroque mix. Listened to almost all of it last night. I like the minor-key, darker stuff. That's because my soul is a dark, black void.
                  Nice. That's what is about to be aired. I have always liked the dark stuff since day 1. And probably because my first gigs were at after hours parties and that stuff just sounds good after a night of hard clubbing when you're laying around chilling out. Glad you liked it. This is going to be interesting reading the comments people make while its being played. MTA: I am a wee bit nervous.

Bugs

Marcus, Nice music. I don't have iPod (not rich like you lawyers) but I listened to it at work. I am not music smart, I confess, times I listen to Miley Cyrus for hours at a time while running. Blush

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, Nice music. I don't have iPod (not rich like you lawyers) but I listened to it at work. I am not music smart, I confess, times I listen to Miley Cyrus for hours at a time while running. Blush
                      Thanks Bugs!!! Although it feels very strange being mentioned in the same paragraph as Hannah Montana. Big grin

Bugs

Thanks Bugs!!! Although it feels very strange being mentioned in the same paragraph as Hannah Montana. Big grin
                        Don't worry you're cool enough for her.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Don't worry you're cool enough for her.
                          Thank God. Pheeew.

The Greatest of All Time

There's like two or three new mixes up in the usual spot. I just recorded one today for some radio station in Amsterdam which will air on 9/10. After that it will be available like the rest of them. Now if I could get paid for doing this....but then it would just be a job and not as fun. Tongue I am not getting lost in this maze of electronic music however. Two nights ago I pulled out the Les Paul and played 4 songs off of Van Halen I and even managed to make Eruption sound not too terrible. But damn did my wrists hurt....so out of guitar playing shape it's sad. I love Atomic Punk and On Fire....so fun to play. If any of you have Van Halen I throw that puppy in and give it another listen....guitar wizardry. [sigh]

The Greatest of All Time

You want to see a video of me mixing in an old school hip hop song (Public Enemy) into a modern dance track? This is funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaZQ-C9xj-U And here's a longer one. See if you can hear the mix in this video. Love the smile on my face after I nailed that one! So cheesy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOEZfHr2mA

You've definitely got the DJ head bob down. Nice. Big grin

Amy