The beautiful persons club

Official Good Luck Marcus Thread!!! (Read 439 times)

Marcus is running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 12. Best wishes!!!

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good luck dude!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hope you have a wonderful race! Oops, that might not be an appropriate adjective for a marathon, I suppose! I hope you survive it! Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Kick ass. Preferably not your own.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

I appreciate the well wishes everyone. Honestly I am not in the shape I was in before the knee injury, but I am not fat and slow either. Somewhere in the middle. Have no idea what's going to happen Sunday. If you look at my log since I started running again in August, it's nothing to write home about. I was very shy with training because I had no idea when I was fully healed. I never did formal PT. I never knew how hard I could push so I trained very cautiously. Actually I purposefully undertrained but did tons of cross training. Coming out of surgery I thought Chicago was a no go because I wasn't supposed to run for 6 weeks. I was mentally prepared to write it off. However when I was able to hobble a bit after 2 weeks I decided I just wanted to make it to the starting line in mediocre shape and I think I have done that. So no matter how the actual race goes, just me making it back to where I am right now in this short amount of time is in itself a personal victory. Sunday is just a nice morning run through the city with free Gatorade.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sunday is just a nice morning run through the city with free Gatorade.
              Good way to look at it. Run smart, and don't push too hard. We'd hate to see you get hurt again.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Oh Mighty Wing

GOOD LUCK!!! Who cares about what shape you were in before knee surgery!! Look at how far you've come since knee surgery - that's what's important!!!! You just run smart and be proud of yourself when you cross the finish!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I resemble that remark! Wink
                  but I am not fat and slow either. Sunday is just a nice morning run through the city with free Gatorade.
                  That's kind of how I view my race, too. Since it was my first I was not there so much to race as to figure out what to expect for next time. Having a few thousand friends and people cheering just made it more fun! Big grin I'm so glad you're getting back into the swing of things! I hope race day is suprisingly cool and overcast. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Good way to look at it. Run smart, and don't push too hard. We'd hate to see you get hurt again.
                    What Globule said. Have a good and injury-free race, Marcus.

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

The Greatest of All Time

You guys don't think I am going to sand bag this thing do you? Wink
                      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Good luck! Good times are a comin' this weekend!

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Oh Mighty Wing

You guys don't think I am going to sand bag this thing do you? Wink
                          I would rather you did.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would rather you did.
                            *nods* Don't let us turn into a bunch of "I told you sos," man. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck Marcus! I know you'll do great!
                              Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

Bugs

Marcus, Good luck. Some advice from someone who just crossed the finish line, is to enjoy it, even if you're freezing your ass off and God has decided to pellet you with rain. Just laugh and smile at every tough spot. Enjoy the run.

Bugs