The beautiful persons club

Knee update (Read 367 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Surgery on Friday morning. Out of action for at least 6 weeks, but can cycle within a couple of days. I am just glad to be getting some resolution to this mess.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Hugs, Marcus. Have a quick recovery!

Amy

Len

Damn Yankee

Hey dude, I'm sorry to hear about your knee but like you said at least you're getting it resolved.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

A Saucy Wench

good recovery wishes at ya

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Non ducor, duco.

Good luck on the whole surgery thing, Marcus. Glad you are getting something done. Send us pictures in your surgery robe. Hehe.

Oh Mighty Wing

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! you better keep us updated...
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good luck, dude. Be sure to get video of the surgery. And have them save any bits of ligament and other tissue in formaldehyde.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Good luck, dude. Be sure to get video of the surgery. And have them save any bits of ligament and other tissue in formaldehyde.
                  Dude. I don't want him taking stuff out. I kind of think I need all that stuff in there. As far as the video goes...I wish I could get a video of me laying there knocked out and watch him cut my knee and stick probes in it. That would be cool. I have seen video and pics taken inside of a knee and it's not that exciting. But an overhead shot of me unconscious getting cut and probed is YouTube material.

Good luck with surgery and recovery! You'll be thought of often.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

.I wish I could get a video of me laying there knocked out and watch him cut my knee and stick probes in it. That would be cool. I have seen video and pics taken inside of a knee and it's not that exciting. But an overhead shot of me unconscious getting cut and probed is YouTube material.
                      I wish I had video of me from one of the two times I've been cardioverted (CLEAR!)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

I wish I had video of me from one of the two times I've been cardioverted (CLEAR!)
                        Now that would be proper YouTube material!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now that would be proper YouTube material!
                          I got you both beat...somewhere there is video of my boob reduction (my plastic surgeon used my procedure video at some surgical conference, since he developed the technique he used and trains other surgeons to use it, as well) and there were photos of my "girls" in a plastic surgery journal sometime back in '04. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Marcus! Will you have to miss much work?
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Surgery on Friday morning. Out of action for at least 6 weeks, but can cycle within a couple of days. I am just glad to be getting some resolution to this mess.
                              I hope you come out of this with one helluva ass-kickin' knee. And by the time you are healed the weather will be getting gorgeous--no more of this Summer heat/humidity...woot! Big grin What is it about cycling that makes it OK? I'm curious because half of the things I read about runner's knee say no biking, other things say biking with lower gears and less pressure on the pedals is fine. What's your surgeons take? My own knee doesn't hurt at all when I bike, so I'm guessing that's a good thing to keep doing. I know it's good for weak quads, which is half the battle with knee shit.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Here's to a successful surgery and quick recovery, Marcus! I'm glad for you too that it seems this will resolve your problem. It previously sounded as if it were a much more chronic, untreatable problem with your knee. As Globule would say... "may the force be with you." Good luck my friend.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com