The beautiful persons club

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! (Read 379 times)

Yay for three day weekends! Anyone doing anything good? I'm working both Saturday and Sunday mornings, but Monday is a blank canvas. Plus, I get to see Indiana Jones on Sunday night. Smile

Amy

Weather permitting, the wife wants me to bring her to the drive-in tonight. Both drive-ins that are near us have Indiana Jones paired with Iron Man, and she really wants to see both movies. Unfortunately, we don't have my pick up truck anymore (I donated it to the Salvation Army) so we can't just raise the half-cap and throw a mattress in the back like we have in years past. Hopefully once we get the new car it will be comfortable to put the back seats down and sit in the back (it'll be a Honda Fit, which is a hatchback.) Hopefully we can get the light to turn off if we have the back open. Right now, though, we are limited to a Le Sabre or an Accord, which will mean sitting outside. As for what I'd like to be doing this weekend, I'd like to be running this: http://mainetrackclub.com/pinelandfarms.html (or even just volunteering!) They put on a good party afterwards and it is a beautiful course(s). Unfortunately, my friends think it is a good idea to get married on holiday weekends, so the first time I might have a chance to run that will be 2010. This year I have to go to the same hotel in the same middle-of-nowhere town in Pennsylvania on both Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends. Sheesh. At least I'll get to hang out with some old friends a lot this Summer, and there aren't as many weddings as there were 2 years ago. On a bright note, my lumber got delivered this morning, so hopefully I can start putting my square foot garden together on Monday afternoon after I get home.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Friday~Sunday, not much. We were gonna go to our neighborhood community pool tonight for the annual opening party. It would be fun -- live music, drinks, etc. But there's no way we could go there and convince our kids to not go into the (freezing) pool (they don't get the whole hanging out thing). So we're probably gonna skip that. Just as well, because Monday is RACE DAY! I am already a friggin' bundle of nerves. So my weekend will most likely consist of a few runs and lots of sleep. Send your good vibes my way! Will maybe go to the pool on Monday, because after the race, I won't really care about being tired, drunk, or anything else. Man, I'd love to see Raiders of the Temple of the Crusade for the Crystal Skull. Might need to a) find a babysitter or b) have my DW and I go in shifts. I'm stoked about that flick.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

*sending New Age Hippie vibes to Globule* Good luck, Jeff!!! I'm sure you're going to do great. Blaine, I'm actually jealous that you get to go to a wedding. But that's cuz I'm a girl and I like those kinds of things. Smile There aren't any drive-ins by my house any more (the last one closed more than 10 years ago). I think people miss them because there's been this trend towards going to outdoor movies in the summer at parks. This series at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary is surprisingly popular. http://www.cinespia.org/home/

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Weather permitting, the wife wants me to bring her to the drive-in tonight. Both drive-ins that are near us have Indiana Jones paired with Iron Man, and she really wants to see both movies.
            Ooh, I miss drive-ins. I haven't been to one since Vietnam. Okay, maybe not that long, but it's been a while. And like Amy said, there just aren't many left anymore. But as much as I would love to see an Iron Jones double feature, I can't imagine being able to stay awake for two movies. My cinematic ego would be writing checks my body can't cash.
            *sending New Age Hippie vibes to Globule*
            Thank you. Those were some strong vibes, because about 10 minutes ago, I was struck with this sudden urge to just walk out of work, smoke some weed, and "find myself." If that translates to sub-40, then sign me up! MTA: Dragon, the natives in the swamp are starting to clamor for the latest edition of The Swamp Week in Review.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

MTA: Dragon, the natives in the swamp are starting to clamor for the latest edition of The Swamp Week in Review.
              Thanks, saw that. I think Friday is a better day for it than Wednesday. Who knew you people would have a long enough attention span to keep asking for it?

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Who knew you people would have a long enough attention span to keep asking for it?
                Yeah, really. Hell, I was the one who nominated you for the job and I didn't remember it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DH has been putting in quite a long string of 80+ hour work weeks, but he's decided to take off Saturday and Sunday!! We need to figure out the grading/landscaping plan around our new addition (he is a civil engineer, so he can figure out that stuff, thank goodness). Then on Sunday, some old friends are coming over in the afternoon for a cookout. The weather in Maine is supposed to be beautiful, so we're happy! This is the time of year we look forward to for 6 months, since we should have 4 months of great weather coming up. I'll be running 4.5 miles tomorrow (to hit 35 miles for the week), and some more on Sunday, and taking Monday off. As all Beautiful People should do frequently, I got a massage today from a sports massage therapist. Wow, did that help my stiff neck and upper back! I get sore from all the time I spend on the computer (darned RA!). I hope all you BPs have a wonderful weekend!

The Greatest of All Time

DW and I are going to Galena, IL (sort of remote country area) to stay at a Bed & Breakfast Saturday and Sunday night. Our room has a canopy bed, private bath, gas fireplace, and full hot tub. DW has been suffering from some serious work stress so I thought some country air would do her some good. We also get a full homemade country breakfast both morning. So I am thinking pancakes along with biscuits and gravy....yummy. My knee(s) are feeling pretty good so I may try to run a little at some point this weekend, but I am not going to force it right now. Have fun everyone! MTA: We will see Indiana Jones at some point this weekend.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Indiana Jones...bad. Really, it's kind of like Matrix 2 and 3. Should have stopped while they were ahead. It *could* have been a good movie, but Spielberg/Lucas just kept adding shit that ruined it. REALLY over-the-top ridiculous stuff. I'm generally not very critical, but the more I think about it, the more I want my money back. It's almost like I was Rick Rolled for 2 hours on my dime. No big plans this weekend. Lotsa yard work, housework, then BBQ with friends on Mon. Probably won't do all the running I had planned. I think Marcus' knees and my right knee are in kahoots.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom-Zoom, I saw your comments about Indiana Jones before I went to go see it on Sunday. I was hoping to God you were just being a cine-snob. But no. I have to agree with your assessment. No There's always Batman, right?

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm definitely not a cine-snob...but I will admit that sometimes I see a movie and wonder WTF the positive reviewers were thinking. That said, I LOVE Transformers and that got some pretty mediocre reviews. I went in expecting so little and loved EVERY moment of that movie. It did exactly what it was supposed to--kept me at the edge of my seat and visually awed. So well cast, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Zoom-Zoom, I saw your comments about Indiana Jones before I went to go see it on Sunday. I was hoping to God you were just being a cine-snob. But no. I have to agree with your assessment. No
                            I don't normally think this, but I am hoping really hard that you two are both morons. Just in this particular case.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

dh - who has not seen Indiana Jones but desperately wants to keeps telling me that it HAS to be good. We had friends over this weekend who LOVED Speed Racer. They went to it with their 5 year old car freak son and liked it so much they paid a babysitter and went back and saw it again alone. ?? I only get to see a movie once in a blue moon so I dont want to waste time on crap.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7