Ultra Runners

It's been one of those weeks.... (Read 332 times)

crunch19

You know that kind of week when the kids get sick, than the spouse get's sick and you are the only one left standing to deal with it all? And then something else happens and you get to run even less? I was actually getting geared up to do a long run today and it poured down rain and thunderstormed all day so the trails were a mess (plus the whole lightning thing.) Now DH is getting sick so tomorrow is out. Mileage for the week is half of what it's been lately...crap. I know I have plenty of time before my race but these weeks just bug me. I'll probably finally get sick next week and be out then too.  This is exactly why I don't schedule rest weeks, life does it for me! sigh....end pity party.Dead

crunch19

And as predicted I have been out of the game for a week with being sick, including pinkeye, ugh. Had my first run in a week yesterday and again today. Felt surprisingly good but now I only have time to get in one more good long run before my ultra on Jan 20th. Blech.

Uh oh... now what?

Rest is both feared and vastly underrated by ultrarunners.

I haven't run in 145 days due to injury. 

Enjoy the rest week.  Smile   And John M is right. 

xor

I get to spend 12/23-12/24 in the hospital getting a lumbar puncture, a bone marrow punch, and other stuff.  If I am very lucky, I will get to stay for Christmas Day.  Because then I will have company.

Merry Christmas.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I get to spend 12/23-12/24 in the hospital getting a lumbar puncture, a bone marrow punch, and other stuff.  If I am very lucky, I will get to stay for Christmas Day.  Because then I will have company.

Merry Christmas.

Oh!  Very sorry!

steph  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Merry Christmas.

Bone marrow punch?

How'd you like a nice Hawaiian punch?

Good luck!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Merry Christmas.

Yowza! You win.  Good luck with that ... hope it's nothing (too) serious. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Crap, srl, hope you're better soon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Rest is both feared and vastly underrated by ultrarunners.

Hey Gerber, did you hear this?  We're going to AWESOME when we can finally run again.  (But John does make a very good point, like always.)

And SRL, get the hell out of the hospital already, will ya?  Sending good thoughts from Wisconsin out to Washington. 

Running is dumb.