Ultra Runners

Question on Weekly miles for a 50 (Read 522 times)

Carl A

That looks like a pretty good schedule to me. The only potential trouble I can spot is the 50K weekend followed by the marathon. If those are races, you might be pushing it. If they're training runs, I think you'll probably be OK. Whatever you do, have fun!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

My sweet new crank!

They are just training, not races. Thanks for the feedback.
      Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO

Thanks for any advice!
        Why the 3 days in a row off the week of April 7th? Obviously if you will be traveling or know you won't be able to run that makes sense, but I'd start bouncing off the walls after a 3rd day of no running. (Disclosure: I've haven't raced farther than a 50k yet.)

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

My sweet new crank!

Mostly to rest up before the 50K. As well I will be just getting back from a China/Taiwan trip for work. I think the kids will be eager to see me and want to wrassel. I think my better half will have an extensive honey-do list and she may even run away for a day or two!!!
          Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO

Mostly to rest up before the 50K. As well I will be just getting back from a China/Taiwan trip for work. I think the kids will be eager to see me and want to wrassel. I think my better half will have an extensive honey-do list and she may even run away for a day or two!!!
            Makes sense to me.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)