Ultra Runners

Lovin the Hills (Read 873 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

50k, first Saturday in February, Louisville.  Anybody doing this one?

http://web.me.com/cynthiaheady/louisvillemarathon/llth_page_1.html

JEM

I'm planning to run this one and Black Warrior 50K Feb 20th @ Bankhead National Forest, Alabama.

The King of Beasts

I have some stupid friends that are running it, if I can get a ride up with them I will go.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well A1, you had better start training then.  Have you even run in 2010?

The King of Beasts

Well A1, you had better start training then.  Have you even run in 2010?

better ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Logging hiking as running?

The King of Beasts

Logging hiking as running?

yes.

moonshine.

I'm noboby, who are you?

For a little perspective, define " the toughest 50k around.?"  I took a quick look but elevation numbers or footing info was not obvious.  Just curious as to how liberal is "toughest".

I'm guessing they mean the toughest 50K in Kentucky.

For more info, try Ed's link http://llth50.blogspot.com/

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently the trails are in good shape and the hills are real, but not terrible.  Apparently I am going to enjoy it.

Cassie, how is it?

Trent,

If the trails are in good shape, it will be a good day.  Last year, the trails were in great shape, and I enjoyed it.  I've heard horror stories about the race when the trails are bad.

It is certainly hilly.  I love to run down hills... entirely too fast, probably.   I really wasn't able to just let go and run down them at LLTH because they were just too steep, and I wanted to live to cross the finish line.  There really isn't much flat except at the very beginning.  You are usually either going up a hill or down one.

If you go in expecting it to be hilly, you won't be dissappointed.  :-) 

Have fun and make sure you let us know how it goes!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You'll ruin your knees!

Heh.

Heh, indeed!  Looks like a lot of 300 ft cliffs.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Issued by The National Weather Service
                            Louisville, KY
                            10:50 am EST, Fri., Feb. 5, 2010

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS UP TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY SATURDAY MORNING. THIS HEAVY SNOW WILL FALL ACROSS WASHINGTON... SCOTT... CLARK... AND JEFFERSON COUNTIES IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA AS WELL AS TRIMBLE... HARRISON... BOURBON... AND NICHOLAS COUNTIES IN CENTRAL ... KENTUCKY. TWO TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE NOTED IN THE LOUISVILLE AND LEXINGTON METRO AREAS. ACROSS SOUTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE.