Ultra Runners

Help please! (Read 218 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Dear all; I am going to be running the Sri Chinmoy Self Transcendence 24hr ultra marathon in Oct 2009 in aid of the Down's Syndrome Association. My aims are to: 1. Raise £10,000 for the Down's Syndrome Association 2. Run over 100 miles in 24hrs. My nephew, George, (gorgeous George as I call him) has Down's and I wanted to do something special to help families with Down's. I would be really, really grateful if you might consider sponsoring me/donating. Even small amounts will add up. Smile It is very, very easy: www.justgiving.com/24hrs_100miles If you feel that it is appropriate, I would be in your eternal debt if you would forward the link to your friends, family and acquaintances - I need as wide an audience as possible! Thank you so much for your time! Tom

Ultrachick

How much is that in US $? Sorry for not keeping up with the current exchange rates. Kelly
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      Purdey

Self anointed title

How much is that in US $? Sorry for not keeping up with the current exchange rates. Kelly
        Hi Kelly - at the moment that is about $20,000 US. I'm rather hoping that I'll raise a bit more than though - the Down's Syndrome Association doesn't get as much help as some of the larger charities, and I was shocked at how common it is. 2 babies a day in the UK alone are born with Down's. I dread to think how many it is in the US. Thanks for your interest. Tom

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ultra runners - please forgive the bump. Training going ok... just getting back into it following a few weeks off due to shin splints. Managed some good cross training though. I'm well on course to break 4hrs in the trail marathon in Oct (maybe looking at 3:30 but it depends on the conditions on the day). If I can get some consistent training in between now and Feb I should be ok to break 10hrs in the 55 mile Thames Meander. I'd be really grateful if you might consider donating to what I think is a very worthwhile cause! Thanks guys - happy running!