Ultra Runners

Inside Trail (Read 378 times)

These guys have a lot of upcoming events, if you're in the area:  Inside Trail.  There was a really good interview with them a week or two ago on Ultrapodcastrunner.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

D-T

Yes, it seems like there is a trail 50k in the Bay Area each week. 

I will be doing their Rodeo Beach race in March.

xor

They picked a really odd name :-).

For those who don't know, their genesis was... odd.  They were hired on by PCTR... then the owner of PCTR started having "health issues" and cancelled several events.  During this whole thing, these guys bailed, claiming something akin to 'irreconcilable differences' and set up their own company.  Weirdly, their first 4ish events just magically happened to be events/venues that PCTR had previously claimed.  Meaning, instead of doing the permit gathering and whatnot for PCTR while working there, they filled it all in with their own stuff.

Big head scratcher.

After some really sketchy stuff at PCTR (cancelled events, but still taking money), that org seems to be settling down. They offered up refunds and have filled in their calendar again.

I suppose PCTR and Inside Trail and Coastal Trail (which itself has an interesting history with PCTR... it used to be a couple who divorced and split the business in half) will all live in perfect harmony.  Hope so.

And then there's Brazen and Enviro-sports.

All kinds of great events.

D-T

They picked a really odd name :-).

For those who don't know, their genesis was... odd.  They were hired on by PCTR... then the owner of PCTR started having "health issues" and cancelled several events.  During this whole thing, these guys bailed, claiming something akin to 'irreconcilable differences' and set up their own company.  Weirdly, their first 4ish events just magically happened to be events/venues that PCTR had previously claimed.  Meaning, instead of doing the permit gathering and whatnot for PCTR while working there, they filled it all in with their own stuff.

Big head scratcher.

After some really sketchy stuff at PCTR (cancelled events, but still taking money), that org seems to be settling down. They offered up refunds and have filled in their calendar again.

I suppose PCTR and Inside Trail and Coastal Trail (which itself has an interesting history with PCTR... it used to be a couple who divorced and split the business in half) will all live in perfect harmony.  Hope so.

And then there's Brazen and Enviro-sports.

All kinds of great events.

Since you brought it up, Scott covered it on his blog over Christmas. 

http://www.atrailrunnersblog.com/2011/12/delicate-fate-of-pacific-coast-trail.html

I got my start in ultras with PCTR and have many great memories, but am now a little weary of signing up for their races. 

xor

Speaking of, PCTR just pulled the plug on another race with only a few days notice:

"I just learned that we can't hold the rescheduled Pacifica race this Saturday, February 25th, due to a technical glitch in our online reservation. "

I'm pretty sure she has exhausted the patience of people who book planes, cars, and hotels for her events.

Whatever is going on with Sarah/PCTR, I hope she can work things out.  Most of my trail runs have been through PCTR, including my first ultra, Forest Park 50k, and all were excellent, well-organized events with fantastic volunteers and with Sarah in the thick of things showing her concern for the runners.  This same excellence, in my opinion, was continued by Wendell with Coastal Trail Runs.  I look forward to the availability of more events in my neck of the woods, which is to say within a 5-6 hour drive, whether it be PCTR, CTR, or Inside Trails.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

These guys have a lot of upcoming events, if you're in the area:  Inside Trail.  There was a really good interview with them a week or two ago on Ultrapodcastrunner.

I am loving these pod casts.  Thanks fatzzig!

steph