Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

jjameson

I will have a mattress in the back of the truck also - Sound like drunks we do 

I haven't had a mattress in my truck since college days Smile

DoppleBock

I have for Grandmas Marathon - I will not take another one up the butt from the hotels in Duluth, so I am happy to avoid the raping and sleep in the back of my truck.

I am starting to get excited - Not only for the run in the woods, but to enjoy beer, spending time with all of you.  My one worry is if it does rain the whole time with temps in the mid 50s I will be chilled to the bone.  I do not want this to get in the way of any post race festivities, so I need to pack some really warm post race stuff to possibly get the chill out.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

The last two years I have been absolutely freezing after IA. Hats, gloves, and warm clothes might be a smart thing to pack.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

Its much more fun drinking beer when you are warm versus shaking and shivering 

The last two years I have been absolutely freezing after IA. Hats, gloves, and warm clothes might be a smart thing to pack.

DoppleBock

WG

In case of an emergency - The best way to get warm fast is to zip 2 sleeping bags together, find a willing man and both of you get naked and snuggle ...

Just saying in case you are ever in dire straights

The King of Beasts

I have for Grandmas Marathon - I will not take another one up the butt from the hotels in Duluth, so I am happy to avoid the raping and sleep in the back of my truck.

I am starting to get excited - Not only for the run in the woods, but to enjoy beer, spending time with all of you.  My one worry is if it does rain the whole time with temps in the mid 50s I will be chilled to the bone.  I do not want this to get in the way of any post race festivities, so I need to pack some really warm post race stuff to possibly get the chill out.

Hey Dopple - does anything about your post here... seem a little odd ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

Well I start talking about Grandmas and then finish with Ice Age 50 without really being clear ... but scattered thought is pretty normal for me.

Not sure - But I know the cure for a chilled bone - See my advice to WG

DoppleBock

Other than what I posted - I am not sure as I am a vary direct person

Duluth hotels screw you

I had no intention of being the person naked in a sleeping bag with WG - Although she is a hot ultra-chick, God already gave me a good woman.

jjameson

Forecast from NWS is more rainy but not a lot of rain.  Hopefully we won't be soaked.  I'm packing some warmer clothes for post-race decompression.

I'll take a shot at predictions for me, to be laughed at later over some beer.

Nordic loop to Confusion Corner:      10.5 miles      94 minutes    8:57 minute miles 

Confusion corner to Rice Lake and Back:   23.4 miles      3 hours, 43 minutes      9:30 minute miles

Confusion  Corner to Emma Carlin to finish:   16.1 miles     3 hours, 2 minutes     11:18 minute miles

Total time:  8:19  (barring medical problems)

Anyone else?

DoppleBock

I had no idea of the distances - But Sure I will give it a try

1)  93:57

2) 3:42:59

3) 2:32:04

Total - 7:49

I really have no idea - But I want to be running the hardest / fastest relative to terrain at the end. 

Forecast from NWS is more rainy but not a lot of rain.  Hopefully we won't be soaked.  I'm packing some warmer clothes for post-race decompression.

I'll take a shot at predictions for me, to be laughed at later over some beer.

Nordic loop to Confusion Corner:      10.5 miles      94 minutes    8:57 minute miles 

Confusion corner to Rice Lake and Back:   23.4 miles      3 hours, 43 minutes      9:30 minute miles

Confusion  Corner to Emma Carlin to finish:   16.1 miles     3 hours, 2 minutes     11:18 minute miles

Total time:  8:19  (barring medical problems)

Anyone else?

Here's mine (not quite so precise) and in reality my plan is to run at a comfortable pace (8:30-9:30 depending on terrain) until around 35 to 40, where I will hopefully continue to run the same pace but it will not be so comfortable:

- No injury issues:

1) ~92 minutes (8:45 or so pace)

2) ~3:37 (9:15 or so pace)

3) ~2:33 (9:30 or so pace)

- injury flares up:

1) ~92 minutes (8:45 or so pace)

2) ~3:43 (9:30 or so pace)

3) ~4:02 (15:00 or so pace) - at this point I will be walk running depending on pain.

At this point I think there is a 50/50 chance of my Anterior Tib injury flaring up badly sometime during the race.  If it comes on full force in the first 20 miles I will be lucky to finish in the time limit.  If it doesn't come on until 35-40, I plan on gutting it out until I cross the finish line or it gets to a point where it is faster to walk then limp/hobble.  Only one way to find out...

Kalsarikännit

take another one up the butt

Leadville will be interesting.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Leadville will be interesting.

You bringing a mattress?

Kalsarikännit

You bringing a mattress?

For DB and A1?

DoppleBock

I am not sure how my posting in the thread wondered so far off course

But in the end

That is why

They

Call

Me

MTP

Oink!