Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

DoppleBock

Bags are packed - I ended up packing a full bag of clothes ?  WTF - I just could not decide on a lot of stuff

I have the mattress in the back of the truck

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Where the heck is the drop bag spot?  Is there one?  I can't find anything online.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

http://www.badgerlandstriders.org/home/Races/IceAgeTrail50M50K/RaceDay/50MileOverview/50MileAidStations.htm

Bag #1 17.3 / 26.0

Bage #2 37.1 / 43.3

Unless you want a bag at the start finish - then a third bag can be available at mile # 9

I still remember lining up last time and there was this little - super fit looking women near me.  No handheld, nothing.  I ask her - "How are you going to get hydration and nutrition?" - She replies, "I am just going to drink the heed at the aide stations"

The heed was orange that year - About mile 30 I pass her as she is hurling fountains of orange.

Only time I ever met / talked wtih Kim Holak.

DoppleBock

BTW - It took a couple of minutes - Not the easiest little bugger to find.

Kalsarikännit

You are the best.  Thank you.

DoppleBock

I am so happy, I think I am finally ready

I am finally feeling like crap - My 5 mile run this morning felt sluggish and crappy - Both my hamstrings had some shooting pain today and the area arounf right ankle hurt again.

I was getting worried, without the normal signs of a taper - But now I know I am ready for a good race.  Sub 8, here I come!

Good luck out there all y'all.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

The King of Beasts

Leadville will be interesting.

thats the line.

Yall have fun and maybe do some running at Ice Age !

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

I have a really hard time telling the difference between being smart and being a wimp. I knew by mile 4 that I was making my tendonitis worse, but I thought I would get in the next long loop, so at least I would have a long run. At the end of the first short loop I called it quits. Live to fight another day is probably smart, but I feel like a sissy. Plus I had to drop at the start/finish, so all the people there are giving me pathetic, sad faces. Second ultra DNF in the books.

Kalsarikännit

I'm now a volunteer. At least I'm good for something. DB came thru the aid station at mile 33 in 5:11. He is in 18th place.

Kalsarikännit

Corland thru in 5:51. He looks like a million bucks.

TMorin

Sorry to hear about the DNF but thanks for the updates.

Nice way to recover from the DNF, WG

If any one else gives you a pathetic, sad face - just punch them in the throat.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Heard a report that the winners are Shaun Pope and Sandi Nypaver, both 22 years old from NE Ohio. They've been tearing it up here this Spring. 

Kalsarikännit

DB and Corland came under their goals. Flatfooter says he didnt, but he ran a rocking race, too. All three were fantastic. We are having many beers together.