Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

The King of Beasts

We are having many beers together.

good news.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

KvnJns

Sounds like it was a great day. Maybe next year I can make it to IceAge, of course I'll need to talk Corland into running it again.

Kevin

DoppleBock

Origial post below - But then I did not take these splits - But I would guess they were pretty close - Ran too fast the 1st 10-12 miles.  Regrouped my burnng legs to cruise control to recover and eat up mile until 9.8 miles to go then ran hard again to the finish in just under 90 minutes.   I ran most of the 1st 37 miles with flatfooter and off and on during that time with JJameson - Nice Day.  Drank beer with same group + Coorland and WG + miscellanseous other people.

7:47

@ 4,000 calories consumed in race

10 beers

I had no idea of the distances - But Sure I will give it a try

1)  93:57

2) 3:42:59

3) 2:32:04

Total - 7:49

I really have no idea - But I want to be running the hardest / fastest relative to terrain at the end

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DoppleBock

Needed beer drinking gloves -

THat is Angie the 2nd OA female and Coorland

KvnJns

Brrr, looks cold.

Kevin

DB killed it!  He was rock solid with the pacing, although how the hell he managed to get down all those gels, I will never know.  My split was roughly 3:50/4:20.  I definitely was not prepared for the constant hills and they really took a toll after mile 40. 

It was definitely cool to meet some RAer's in person and hang out!

Origial post below - But then I did not take these splits - But I would guess they were pretty close - Ran too fast the 1st 10-12 miles.  Regrouped my burnng legs to cruise control to recover and eat up mile until 9.8 miles to go then ran hard again to the finish in just under 90 minutes.   I ran most of the 1st 37 miles with flatfooter and off and on during that time with JJameson - Nice Day.  Drank beer with same group + Coorland and WG + miscellanseous other people.

7:47

@ 4,000 calories consumed in race

10 beers

I had no idea of the distances - But Sure I will give it a try

1)  93:57

2) 3:42:59

3) 2:32:04

Total - 7:49

I really have no idea - But I want to be running the hardest / fastest relative to terrain at the end

corland

That was fun.  Great running everyone.  It was very cool to meet and share a few beers. 

I ended up 4:20ish first half, 4:45ish 2nd half.  At about 20 I thought I was in for a long day, it only seemed to get better from there though.   

The group I came with all met and exceeded their goals too.  Good times

Now it's time to train for a trail ultra...  

Good luck training for Leadville, North Coast, and Chicago.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Great running you chaps. Well done.

MTP - you must be satisfied with how things are coming on? Did it feel ok?

DoppleBock

DoppleBock

Yes - No

I am not in good shape - I am not in bad shape

I felt like a slug Mile 13-37 - Was that running 4-5 minutes too fast 1st 9 miles?  Was it only doing a mini-taper?  was it my 220# fat-ass?

Overall It was really good - I am in a great place ... but a really long way from top shape ... so much work to do ... pounds to lose ... miles and hills to run.

But I think it confirmed I am in the shape I thought I was.  Late race - I really had fun bombing down some of the technical parts of the trail - I would have said "Out of Control" a year ago, but I have been working so hard on taking a direct line and flying that I know can say "On the edge of control"

I had a blast and that is the main goal of the year - To enjoy running again.

Great running you chaps. Well done.

MTP - you must be satisfied with how things are coming on? Did it feel ok?

DoppleBock

corland

http://runningintheusa.smugmug.com/Run/2011-Events/Ice-Age/17052673_5xZtt3#1291232427_KvXK8Wd

JJameson and is that Coorland?

Thanks for the link DB

that wasnt me though, not anywhere near JJameson

corland stuffing his face here:

http://runningintheusa.smugmug.com/Run/2011-Events/Ice-Age/17052673_5xZtt3#1291258738_9QF22ZN

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Imminent Catastrophe

All right you guys, next year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016