Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

Kalsarikännit

I am signed up.  Number sixty-four.  Perfesser and I are buddying up right next to each other on the list.

Quit making excuses and sign up.  That goes for the rest of you, too.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

I want to pull a ZG and try and be last to signup ~ Actually other than wanting to drink beer with you and any other RAers - I have no desire to run the 2012 edition.

Again ~ Maybe the 50k ~ Although I hate to pay for a training run, that I have to have the discipline to go slow enough ~ I will just have to drink enough beer to get my $ worth.  Mothers day weekend, so I guess I could bring the old lady and let her get my money's worth too. 

I am signed up.  Number sixty-four.  Perfesser and I are buddying up right next to each other on the list.

Quit making excuses and sign up.  That goes for the rest of you, too.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

I guess I could bring the old lady and let her get my money's worth too. 

She is awesome.  I like that idea.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Mothers day weekend, so I guess I could bring the old lady and let her get my money's worth too. 

And this is why I should have checked with my wife before pulling the trigger.  Dang-it!

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)
          DoppleBock

It is on Saturday - I can get away with it 2 ways

1)  Hussle my ass back home after the race, or

2)  Get hotel with a pool FRI-SAT night - Catch a ride to the race and have family come out to the finish ... Feed wife beer and bring smore stuff for the kids to make on the Bon Fire.

#2)  Complicates the race - Harder to pull of, but if it goes well, it's more fun and money in the Honey bank account.

And this is why I should have checked with my wife before pulling the trigger.  Dang-it!

DoppleBock

I almost have myself taked into it - I should check the hotel situation - WG where are you staying ?

DoppleBock

Although if I am running the 50k - I could save myself a lot of money (With 8:15 start) driving down the morning of.  I booked the same hotel as last year to give me options -

Of course option #1 is always to do nothing ...

Kalsarikännit

I almost have myself taked into it - I should check the hotel situation - WG where are you staying ?

I liked where we stayed last year.  It was pretty nice of them to supply breakfast super early for the runners.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Can you share the name so I can look into it, too?

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)
                    DoppleBock

Country in and Suites in East Troy

I am like katy Perry - I am hot and I am cold, I am in I am out ... I have a case of bi-polar.

If I want to do FANS24 - doing this race would be one of the least intelligent things I have done.  If I want to get a nice trail run in - why spend $75 to do it - I can just drive down to Greenbush ... WG you are the only reason I am considering it ... that and if I fail to get into proper shape to do FANS24 (Basically lose 50#) I would want to do this race ~ Fat Boy likes the 50s.

SO I will wait.

I'm in. It'll be my first Ice Age.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Country in and Suites in East Troy

I am like katy Perry - I am hot and I am cold, I am in I am out ... I have a case of bi-polar.

If I want to do FANS24 - doing this race would be one of the least intelligent things I have done.  If I want to get a nice trail run in - why spend $75 to do it - I can just drive down to Greenbush ... WG you are the only reason I am considering it ... that and if I fail to get into proper shape to do FANS24 (Basically lose 50#) I would want to do this race ~ Fat Boy likes the 50s.

SO I will wait.

50#?  

• Black Canyon 100k
                          • RRR
                          • Zane Grey 100k
                          • High Lonesome 100
                          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                          • The Bear 100
                          • Javelina Jundred (?)
                          DoppleBock

I am 240#

190# is my competetive 24 hour weight

I am eating a extra large nutty bar as I type this

Kalsarikännit

I'm in. It'll be my first Ice Age.

Yay!  It is such a beautiful course.  Please make some time to hang out after the race.  The food is really good and there is a ton of good beer.  Everybody hangs out and socializes.  It is always freezing after the race, so bring some warm layers.

Hey!  Speaking of cheeseheads and Cassies, did anyone see that Cassie Scallon won Bandera?  Wisconsin girl went into a Montrail Ultra Cup race and beat some really, really good runners.  Very cool.

MTA:  Grammar and punctuation.  What a mess.

Will do.  Thanks for the tips!  It's a pretty decent drive between Dayton and the event so I don't plan on heading home until Sunday morning.

Yay!  It is such a beautiful course.  Please make some time to hang out after the race.  The food is really good and there is a ton of good beer.  Everybody hangs out and socializes.  It is always freexing after the race, though, so bring some warm layers.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!