Ultra Runners

2013 Ultra Race Calendar (Read 1291 times)

RunJasonRun

50 more slots opening for Georgia Death Race!

From the RD...

Monday December 24th, 2012 at 10:00 AM EST The Georgia Death Race will be opening up 50 more slots on a first come first serve basis. DO NOT EMAIL ME. I am not holding any spots or doing any special favors. I will warn you I have gotten 100 emails from folks wanting to get in. So if you are not ready right at 10 am you will most likely miss your chance. may the fastest clickers win. YOU MUST HAVE RUN AND COMPLETED AN OFFICIAL 50k RACE OR LONGER IN 2012. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Akultratrailchic

My 2013 races:

Sluice Box 100, Fairbanks, Alaska- June

Very low key, only the 2nd year.  I volunteered to mark trail last year and definitely want to run it in 2013.

It will be my 4th attempt at a 100 and hopefully my 2nd finish.

Cascades Crest 100, Easton, Washington- August.

I tried this one last year and didn't make it to the finish line, quitting at around the 77/78 mile mark.  Great race and beautiful course!

Excited to go back and determined to finish.

If things work out, this will be my 5th attempt at a 100 and 3rd finish.

2/2 Rocky (only pacing someone through 40 miles) - does that count?

3/15 Three Days of Syllamo - 50k

3/16 Three Days of Syllamo - 50 mile

Cascades Crest 100, Easton, Washington- August.

I tried this one last year and didn't make it to the finish line, quitting at around the 77/78 mile mark.  

Was it at the No Name aid station at mile 81?  Or Mineral Creek at mile 81, or Mineral Creek at mile 73?  I was working the No Name aid station, so that's why I'm wondering!

Edited: just looked up the results, and given your forum name I'm assuming you're the woman from Alaska.  I remember you!  So sorry you weren't able to continue on.  (And not sure if you remember the guy who came in just after you who the sweeper also tried to pull.  He pleaded with her, saying he was okay to continue on.  Well, he didn't make the final cutoff either).

Imminent Catastrophe

April 15 - Boston Marathon

April 28 - Big Sur Marathon

Boston 2 Big Sur, me too!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm starting to think I may have over committed myself in April.  I also agreed to run the River to River Relay the weekend between Boston and Big Sur.  April is gonna hurt!

bhearn

And me. Fourth time.

Feb 3 - Coo-Chee-Coo 55k - Inverness, FL

Mar 30 - Fort Clinch 100, Amelia Island, FL

Purdey

Self anointed title

Anyone prepared to take on the updating of the race calendar?  I simply don't have the time at the moment.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone prepared to take on the updating of the race calendar?  I simply don't have the time at the moment.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

I actually was going to offer!  I'm thinking the easiest way is to just start a new thread since that way I can edit the first page as people post their new races, correct?

xor

Correct, and then get the PurdMan to sticky yours and unsticky his.

Purdey

Self anointed title

You are a star. Start your own, copy and paste by listings into yours, then I will sticky yours.

You are a star. Start your own, copy and paste by listings into yours, then I will sticky yours.

Cool beans.  And I'll be sure to list the dates in the CORRECT way.  This IS America, after all Wink

Purdey

Self anointed title

This IS America, after all Wink

Not where I'm sitting.

it's the internets