Ultra Runners

2018 Underdown 50 mile RR (Read 19 times)

nOOky

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Loved the RR...what's the time limit for the 50 miler?  I'll be doing my first at Bravos Bend in Dec and that will be my starting mark for others.  Course I expect it might take me 20 hours but who knows I might get lucky...lol.

nOOky

They allowed 17 hours to finish the 50 mile and 15 hours for the 50k so very generous.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

drock69

thanks for the report! Sounds like lots of falls, I had a race like that earlier this year, mine was from dehydration though. That would be a huge 50 mile PR for me, I've only ran Squamish 50. I DNF'd a 100k at 82k in 14 hours, so I guess that's my 50 mile PR, wasn't having a good day either. Unmanned aid stations here, I think the bears would clean them out Smile

dhuffman - someone in the Squamish race was power walking, and I think she beat me both days, such a fast walker!

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

T Hound

Slower but happier

Loved the RR...what's the time limit for the 50 miler?  I'll be doing my first at Bravos Bend in Dec and that will be my starting mark for others.  Course I expect it might take me 20 hours but who knows I might get lucky...lol.

At tunnel hill last year there was an 85 yr old guy who did the 50 mile in like 25 hr ?I think, pretty impressive to be doing that at that age.  One can only hope.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

T Hound

Slower but happier

Enjoyed the RR, nice job on the second AG award.  Sounds like a fun race.  I fall all the time, usually once a race.  The best is when I just fell on a plain flat trail once for no reason in front of two women.  I just said "nothing hurt here but my ego."  The race I just did, I didn't fall, but I did hit my head on a tree that had fallen across the trail.  That was a painful wakeup call.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

RWD

I've heard about this race before and considered it, I'm just not that great in warm weather so it's kind of a gamble. Also I am not super keen on entering small, new races. Those stupid boardwalks though - they scare the crap out of me. When I ran the Fall Back Blast (which is a small, new-ish race, contradicting my previous statement), I had a couple falls on the boardwalks and in fact on one of them, I skipped the boardwalk on the last 2 loops and just climbed through the ditch instead, due to the incline.

Maybe I'll have to give this one a try - it's close-ish.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At tunnel hill last year there was an 85 yr old guy who did the 50 mile in like 25 hr ?I think, pretty impressive to be doing that at that age.  One can only hope.

If you want to see what some of the old veterans are capable of check in on A Race For the Ages in Tennessee which starts Thursday at 1:00PM with the 95 year olds, then every hour after that those a year younger start, then keep going until all the 40 and under crowd start at 8:00 PM on Sep 1st. See how many miles they rack up by the Labor Day noon finish.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

nOOky

I've heard about this race before and considered it, I'm just not that great in warm weather so it's kind of a gamble. Also I am not super keen on entering small, new races. Those stupid boardwalks though - they scare the crap out of me. When I ran the Fall Back Blast (which is a small, new-ish race, contradicting my previous statement), I had a couple falls on the boardwalks and in fact on one of them, I skipped the boardwalk on the last 2 loops and just climbed through the ditch instead, due to the incline.

Maybe I'll have to give this one a try - it's close-ish.

I ran 3 of 4 loops of the Fall Back Blast in it's inaugural year before my knee gave out on me. I was on pace for a sub 5 hour 50k too which is a goal I have not realized yet, except for a road 50k which doesn't count. I remember it being 17 degrees at the start!

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

RWD

I ran 3 of 4 loops of the Fall Back Blast in it's inaugural year before my knee gave out on me. I was on pace for a sub 5 hour 50k too which is a goal I have not realized yet, except for a road 50k which doesn't count. I remember it being 17 degrees at the start!

3 loops is now an official race distance! When I came through my 3rd loop they asked if I was going out for a 4th.  Awk. I set my PR there, too. If the construction schedule screws up my plans for Surf the Murph, then I'll look into doing that again and trying for sub 8 (or maybe ENDtrails Zombie Run).