Ultra Runners

I'm reading (Read 490 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen, by Christopher McDougall.

It is about a tribe of distance runners who live hidden in rural Mexico's Copper Canyon, and what they have to teach us (besides running barefoot).  Still in it, but the whole description of the Leadville Trail 100 miler got me pumped up...

Watched a show about them on Discovery Channel a few years back.  Fascinating.  Will have to check out the book.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I've heard it's a good book... need to check out.  El Caballo Blanco is local here in our trail running group... seems like a nice, but eccentric, guy.   
          Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen, by Christopher McDougall.

It is about a tribe of distance runners who live hidden in rural Mexico's Copper Canyon, and what they have to teach us (besides running barefoot).  Still in it, but the whole description of the Leadville Trail 100 miler got me pumped up...

Just ordered it, if it stinks, i'm sending you the bill. jk. did you read Yasso's book? Fun stories in there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've heard it's a good book... need to check out.  El Caballo Blanco is local here in our trail running group... seems like a nice, but eccentric, guy.   

That's way cool!

Just ordered it, if it stinks, i'm sending you the bill. jk. did you read Yasso's book? Fun stories in there.

Heh. No, have not read that.

Gringo runner

I'm just starting to read "Born to Run" also.  Having lived in Mexico for many years I would love to run the copper canyon ultra.  A low key event but yet running along with the legendary Tahurmara...

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

Gringo runner

This video goes along with that idea that we are "Born to Run": 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wI-9RJi0Qo

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

The King of Beasts

i finished the book yesterday, a great read

thanks trent

it was dark this morning

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

starting it today, hopefully at the beach if this weather every clears up....
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i finished the book yesterday, a great read

thanks trent

it was dark this morning

Yeah.  Running is stupid.  Runners do stupid things.  Like run in the dark.  Or run until they break.  Running is stupid.

The book is good tho Smile

I read it about a month ago (as well as Yasso's book.)  I enjoyed them both.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Get Lost :)

Bart's book (My Life on the Run) is hilarious. I'm amazed at how Born To Run is kind of blowing up right now. It's on the overall top 100 list on Amazon. Wild.

One thing about that ... I wonder if it's going to spur a lot of people going out to try barefoot running, which could result in a lot of injured people if it's not done patiently ....

I am reading Born to Run right now and am really enjoying it. Fun to read about our local guy, Scott Jurek.

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan