Ultra Runners

First 100 miler (Read 449 times)

who knows...

Thanks for posting the link Rick! Carl is also a member of this group (I believe) .

Thanks for posting those Lynn. Amanda will be running the first loop with me and helping crew me a bit.

Looks like my body did my planning for me. I caught dh's head cold. Got a run in yesterday however I will take at least today if not the next two days off from running.  Pumping myself with lots of Vitamin C & D in hopes of kicking this thing fast. We shall see. 

WOW it's almost time

Good luck! I would have said I scheduled runs the week of similar to what Dennis posted, however, with a cold the best thing is certainly rest.

"There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
    Carl A

Pam, I hope your cold's feeling better. Like others have said, I think the downtime could help you this weekend.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Count down to Pam's 100-miler!!!  You go, girl!! 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Carl A

10!

Rock the trail!

Pam, I hope your cold's feeling better. Like others have said, I think the downtime could help you this weekend.

Thanks! It's getting better. Not 100 % but there's hope. Anyway I agree that it's probably helping me. My body has  a way of pulling this stuff when it feels the need to rest and it knows I won't lol.

Oh and thanks SprTb!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

10!

Rock the trail!

10 what? lol 

You guys doing anything Friday night??? Just figured I'd ask since me and willa will be hanging out with no particular plans

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Count down to Pam's 100-miler!!!  You go, girl!! 

Thanks Leslie!

Carl A

10 what? lol 

You guys doing anything Friday night??? Just figured I'd ask since me and willa will be hanging out with no particular plans

I was getting the countdown going!

So, 9!

Friday night I'm probably going to be camping at the start with my family. It's looking good for my wife and boys to be there for just about the whole weekend.

I was getting the countdown going!

So, 9!

Friday night I'm probably going to be camping at the start with my family. It's looking good for my wife and boys to be there for just about the whole weekend.

lol I know 

VERY COOL!! Wish my husband and kids were going to be there however I understand why they aren't. 

So Pam AND CarlA are running this?  Good luck to both of you, then!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

So Pam AND CarlA are running this?  Good luck to both of you, then!

Carl isn't running this he's THE RD! Or am I mistaken and you're running as well? 

Thanks Leslie!

You'll ruin your knees!

Hope you're sleeping already... good night's sleep tonight, cause tomorrow night will be fitful at best...

Rocken Pam!!!!!!!!!

Damn!  Go get 'em! 

Carl A, hope everything goes well for you guys!!!

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Carl A

Depending on circumstances, I may go out and pace a runner through a final leg, but I'm not racing this one, just co-directing.

Thanks, Lynn and Leslie, for the well-wishes!

5, 4 . . .

...---...

Pam - you'll rock the house. Prior to my first marathon someone sent me a link to a message that someone had posted for someone else and it really pumped me up. My buddy knew knew I was worried and a little intimidated (I was worried that I had not trained hard enough), so I pass on the message:

-

"Do it! Throw yourself at it and smash it into oblivion. Do NOT think for one second that it's bigger than you, that it requires a level of badassery that you don't have. Shatter it... and trample the pieces!"

Best of luck - Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Went to bed a little late thanks to dh however I slept all night long so that's good. THANKS Lynn!!!