Ultra Runners

2012 Ultras. Lotteries, Deadlines, successful entrants. (Read 1590 times)

Re Chuckanut - Their web site and Ultrasign up has registration opening Jan. 7 at 8:00 a.m., not the 2nd. (?)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Anyone here among the 413 entered into MMT 100?

VHTRC's lottery is unique and based off the close of today's Dow Jones Industrial average. Entrants were randomly assigned 3-digit number and the first 200 entrants will be selected based on the three least significant digits of the DOW.

Is there a more fair lottery system? All 413 entrants have equal first chance at the lottery. Then the wait list is prioritized based on criteria.

Good luck to those in the draw.

Kalsarikännit

Dumb.  My two closest friends decided they must run a 100 miler.  I tried to tell them that it is really not that great, but oh well.  I figured I should enter the race as well.  Heartland 100 in Cassoday, KS (Oct 13) opened on Feb 1.  I am in.

BTW...a great spot to look at races as they are filling up is ultra signup's hotlist.  Pure genius.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

that's pure craziness.  I'll be at Heartland too, smart enough to only sign up for the 50.  I'll be sure to look at you like you're crazy, watch for me. 

Kalsarikännit

I will know you by your legs Smile.  I am going to be in Hokas.  Other than the fact that I appreciate looking like a dork, they are really light and I think they will offer good protection from all of the gravel.

Regarding deadlines, I know it is not an ultra, but it is close as they get...Pikes Peak Marathon entry is on March 15.  It typically closes in a half hour.

well, in my defense, I do have a fairly closeup pic within my profile.  I'm pretty sure you'd be able to better identify me than I would from either your pics.  Looking for a skinny chick in black probably wouldn't narrow it down.  I had to google hoka and I'm still confused.  I appreciate your comment about the gravel, I totally would have forgotten to invest in some ankle gaitors...or something. 

DoppleBock

Here you go

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/forum/c832cb924e6e4031b23631a21c185af2

well, in my defense, I do have a fairly closeup pic within my profile.  I'm pretty sure you'd be able to better identify me than I would from either your pics.  Looking for a skinny chick in black probably wouldn't narrow it down.  I had to google hoka and I'm still confused.  I appreciate your comment about the gravel, I totally would have forgotten to invest in some ankle gaitors...or something. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I do not think I will race anything wildly popular this year - Schedule is

Feb  John Dick Crusty 50k

Mar  Mad City 50k

Jun  FANS24

Jul  DWD - Devil's Lake 50k

Sep  Superior 100M - Unless US 24 hour team

Oct  Glacial 50M

I do not think any of these have a chance of filling up

Plus

Jan  Houston Marathon

Mar  Fox Cities Marathon Backward

Apr Carmel, IN Marathon

Nov HHFM Marathon

Less than Marathon - Likely

Jun - Gary Bjorkland 1/2M (Lottery - Backup is Grandmas Marathon)

Jul - Pisttville Heart & Sole 5M

Aug - Otto Grunski Runski 10k

Probably the hardest one to get in on the list is Gary Bjorkland 1/2M

If I fail to meet the standard at FANS24 - I will be looking for willing accomplises for the Superior 100M, 50M and Marathon - To give you perspective this event has been around for a number of years and - The Mens / Womens Marathon record is 3:31 / 4:11, 50 mile 9:09 / 10:52 and 100M (Actually 102) 21:42 / 26:49.  A solid 4 on the elevation change - But in the form of continous ups and downs instead of massive long climbs.  An upper 4 on the technical part with rocks and roots of every shape and size.

We could get a ski condo at Lutsen (Finish Line)  I think it has 3 - normal bedrooms and a room with multiple bunk beds - Should sleep 10-14.  Screw being over 10,000 feet - This is amazingly beautiful @ 1000-2000 feet.

thanks for the pic! 

Kalsarikännit

This is why I hate DB.  I was messing with the guys before North Coast, trying to block the start line.  The pic on my ultrasignup page is my fav.  Mud all over my ass at Buckskin Gulch.  I still owe cgerber about a million and one thank you's for the heads up on that trip.

DoppleBock

Life's too short to hate - It is one of my favorites for WG -

This is why I hate DB.  I was messing with the guys before North Coast, trying to block the start line.  The pic on my ultrasignup page is my fav.  Mud all over my ass at Buckskin Gulch.  I still owe cgerber about a million and one thank you's for the heads up on that trip.

DoppleBock

PS

If you crew for WG - She lies about what she is eating and drinking from the aide stations - So force her to eat!

jjameson

I was wondering if anyone is considering Bandera 100k 1/2013?  I see it is the National Championship 100k race.  Also Nueces in March, 2013 for the 50M National Championship.  While I think I might do better in a 50mile race I can't train well all winter due to snow so it would have to be Bandera if I do either.  On the other hand I'd like to do Miwok also.  Rambling ..... anyone?

Is it hard to get into Bandera or Miwok?

xor

Miwok is a lottery.  I'm unsure what the % chance is to get in, and it depends on how many people try... I know that I've put my name in 2 or 3 times and gotten in once.  Bandera, at least to this point, is muuuch easier.  Sign up early and there will be a spot.  Wait, and there will not.

Nueces has always been super easy to get in.  Dunno if being dubbed a 50m championship will affect this greatly or not.

Imminent Catastrophe

THis may have changed but Bandera's web site for the 2011 race said you could sign up day of race. Miwok is a lottery that's about 50-50.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016