Ultra Runners

Umstead 100 (Read 893 times)

xor

But as I lay horizontally on the side of the road, that 8 looks a lot like infinity.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I just noticed that ZG is a point-to-point with a "we don't give you a ride" policy.  As I don't feel like doing an accidental hundred (much less an intentional one) and don't much like feel like bribing a crew, ZG is off my list.  Now to look at OP50.

Back to Umstead!

I did it last year.  There was some sharing of rides, etc.  Just gotta find someone.  A lot of folks stay at the Best Western and I think find rides like that.  I agree, though, a shuttle would be nice.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

Stupidity runs its course?

Who is in?

Me.

A1.

I'll see you guys there, and I owe A1 a beer.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, Trent, is your training nowadays focused on imitating the latter parts of a 100 -- that is, feeling really miserable and beat up?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Beware, batbear...

All right Trent, A1, Buzz - looks like I'm in for pacing if you need a helper.  Pretty stoked about it, actually!   

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

The King of Beasts

I'll see you guys there, and I owe A1 a beer.

haha.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

haha.

You go through the effort to put oh no in there but you can't log 1/8?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

+100k

The King of Beasts

correct.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody have travel/weekend plans yet?

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Haven't booked flights yet, but will arrive Friday morning and meet up with local pilot friends for lunch.

Will likely fly out on Monday morning.

Staying at the old Hampton Inn (previous "official" hotel), now a Comfort Inn & Suites. (Just can't see paying the other rates when I mostly won't be there.)

Probably will do race check-in on Friday afternoon, return for the briefing, but not stay for dinner.

Liz

pace sera, sera

The week leading up to Saturday is spring break for my kids so we're driving up and getting in a few days early.  Staying at the embassy suites they recommended.  While I'm jogging around in circles my wife and kids will probably be lounging by the pool.

The King of Beasts

Anybody have travel/weekend plans yet?

none yet.