Ultra Runners

Umstead 100 (Read 893 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, after influenza in January and a bad, persistent sinus infection (now in my 5th week of treatment), my training has fallen totally apart.  I am going to pass on the 100 this year, and hope to reload and try again in 2012.

corland

Sorry Trent.

November and December were impressive.  Relentless.  Maybe 2-3 50 milers this year and then a 100 next? 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, I think so.  I have begun to think about Strolling Jim 40 a week after Country Music Marathon, and then the Keys 50 a week later.  Then maybe I can grab another 50 or two late in the year.  Roload, recharge.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Heh. I'm out, too.... stress "reaction" in my "good" foo. Three weeks off, then easing back in. Cry

Liz

pace sera, sera

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I emailed Blake RD today.  Maybe they can take somebody off the WL.

Sorry about your foot Sad  Heal up!

Sorry to hear about that Trent and Buzzie.  Hope you guys heal/get well quickly.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I'd heard that they'd emptied the wait list - all got in.

But, Blake emailed back his good wishes and said that I'd made somebody on the waiting list very happy. <shrug>

Damn... I was really looking forward to this. Kept me going coming back from my other foot. (Or, "foo" Roll eyes )

Trent - hope to meet you somewhere else soon - it's going to be beautiful.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ugh.  Sorry Trent and Buzzie.  Rough stuff.  Get well, the both of ya!

Buzzie, are you planning on Run Woodstock again this year?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Ugh.  Sorry Trent and Buzzie.  Rough stuff.  Get well, the both of ya!

Buzzie, are you planning on Run Woodstock again this year?

At this point, I'd like to do something at Woodstock - maybe just volunteer and camp.

It's two weeks after Cascade Crest 100... so, I don' t know that I'll be running anything. Maybe I'd pace (ha!). Dunno; but, I'm planning to be there in some form.

You???

Liz

pace sera, sera

Yep, I'll be there.  Not sure what distance I will be doing. Leaning toward the 50K this year.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Beware, batbear...

Well, darn, I was looking forward to pacing you in the late stages, Trent.  Maybe I'll still make it out there to help out, but it's a long drive.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Imminent Catastrophe

Gah. Sorry Trent, you'll be back.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Crapper! Trent have you thought about a 100 miler later this year?

Buzzie! Get that foot better! You'll need it for Cascade!

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan