Ultra Runners

Bandera 100k Race Report (Read 258 times)

mbk

Here is my race report for this weekend's Bandera 100k. As is usual with these things it is too long and probably contains a lot of stuff you won't give a damn about! Short version: I finished, I did well (for me), I loved it, I'm going back.

You'll ruin your knees!

So, in 2009, I stand accurs'd! Great report...loved "Bandera brothers", really tickled to see you dust it off! Congrats on a great race! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thanks for the report! A friend of mine was telling me about those plants and the paper cuts you get going through. He fell and hurt his knee on the first loop and had to drop at 50k though.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

mbk

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the feedback and comments. Blaine, is your friend a triathlete? I talked to a guy who had wrenched his knee and was dropping because his main goal was a triathlon later this year. Thanks, for visiting, Lynn! Are you the one who originally wrote Bandera Brothers? I couldn't find the original source so it is currently unattributed, but I would love to put your name there. I've always loved that little verse - made me want to do Bandera more than ever. Hope you are doing well.

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the feedback and comments. Blaine, is your friend a triathlete? I talked to a guy who had wrenched his knee and was dropping because his main goal was a triathlon later this year. Thanks, for visiting, Lynn! Are you the one who originally wrote Bandera Brothers? I couldn't find the original source so it is currently unattributed, but I would love to put your name there. I've always loved that little verse - made me want to do Bandera more than ever. Hope you are doing well.
            Yup, I wrote that... seems like I watched a rerun of "Renaissance Man" right before the race last year and got the idea. I drafted it before I went (third time in the 100K), but put the finishing touches on following the race (my 100K PR!). Anyway, I thought it fit, glad you did as well! The atmosphere at Bandera is incredible...I love that place, the people, the spirit... Lynn MTA: it was actually year before last and my original post was on the RW Forum

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Blaine, is your friend a triathlete? I talked to a guy who had wrenched his knee and was dropping because his main goal was a triathlon later this year.
              Nope, don't think he's a triathlete anyway. http://barefoottc.blogspot.com/2009/01/preliminary-bandera-report.html

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

mbk

Yup, I wrote that... seems like I watched a rerun of "Renaissance Man" right before the race last year and got the idea. I drafted it before I went (third time in the 100K), but put the finishing touches on following the race (my 100K PR!). Anyway, I thought it fit, glad you did as well! The atmosphere at Bandera is incredible...I love that place, the people, the spirit... Lynn MTA: it was actually year before last and my original post was on the RW Forum
                I've added a well-deserved attribution to you in my blog post. I used to think it was inspiring - now it almost brings me to tears!

Oh Mighty Wing

AWESOME JOB!!!! Awesome report!!!! That is soo very cool!!
                    That is one the best reports I have ever read! With the exception of the jambalaya Wink, what a great job you did! I aspire to runs such as this. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mbk

Thanks, guys! You're too kind but I appreciate the feedback. It was a good day.