Ultra Runners

North Coast 24 (Read 1194 times)

DoppleBock

It will be great meeting you.  After Brive France - where there was a hairpin that only 1 person could go through at a time and most of the course would only let 3 wide at most - My impression of what is bearable is changed.  The difference is in France there were people control barriers in place to keep you 100% on course. 

Last time I ran Northcoast with 107 people on the course - There were times you had to either slow down for a few steps or go off course - Although illegal - I saw many people go off course to go around people - I do not believe anyone was busted and in reality they did not gain a distance advantage by taking 4-5 steps in the grass.

Yes there will be a bunch of times runners will have to back off a bit and be patient - Overall it will not effect their performance much unless they let it get to them phsycologically - We are not a patient nation of people.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

Crap. Sad

Here - have a beer with me while I nurse my foot before CC100.  Clown

TANGENT!

Buzzie, I will be on the CC course pacing and helping set up aid stations.  I will also likely be at the start.  GOOD LUCK!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

TANGENT!

Buzzie, I will be on the CC course pacing and helping set up aid stations.  I will also likely be at the start.  GOOD LUCK!

Excellent!!

I will, also, likely be at the start. Any other aid stations... who knows! Roll eyes

I'll be the one with the crazy dark (short-by-some-standards) hair. Oh, and the g-string waist pack.

Also looking forward to meeting smalcolm at mile 80. Smile

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

The bad Hawthorn foot is much better, thank you!

But... I landed funny on the good foot a few weeks ago and it's been catawampus ever since. Yesterday, I started to feel an ominous pain - reminiscent of a stress reaction...been poking at it since and all seems well, but I'm spooked. Roll eyes

You still fighting the pain in your butt?

It is this stupid peroneal tendinitis that I can't get rid of.  But yeah, with all this time off you would think my piriformis would have disappeared.  Wrong.  Any long run leaves me with crazy pain in the butt, and the inability to swing my leg forward.  Luckily, I don't do long runs anymore.  I am a has-been bordering on a never-was.  Many RA'ers have proposed taking me out back and shooting me.  This may be the only fix.

The weird thing is, about two years ago, I noticed when doing quad stretches that my left quad had become super tight, while my right was normal.  This is still the case, and all my injuries have been on the left side.  I think I just run stupidly. 

I've paid for five races this year that I didn't do/won't be doing.  Good think I'm a zillionaire.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

To be fair - I also suggested for you to marry some rich guy with good health insurance and actually see a doctor and get fixed up 

Many RA'ers have proposed taking me out back and shooting me.  This may be the only fix.

Kalsarikännit

I also suggested for you to marry some rich guy with good health insurance

Applications can be sent by PM along with a $40 non-refundable application fee.  Credit and criminal background checks will be performed.

DoppleBock

I would make sure to get an audited statement of net worth and a copy of thir lattest tax return.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

It is this stupid peroneal tendinitis that I can't get rid of.  But yeah, with all this time off you would think my piriformis would have disappeared.  Wrong.  Any long run leaves me with crazy pain in the butt, and the inability to swing my leg forward.  Luckily, I don't do long runs anymore.  I am a has-been bordering on a never-was.  Many RA'ers have proposed taking me out back and shooting me.  This may be the only fix.

The weird thing is, about two years ago, I noticed when doing quad stretches that my left quad had become super tight, while my right was normal.  This is still the case, and all my injuries have been on the left side.  I think I just run stupidly. 

I've paid for five races this year that I didn't do/won't be doing.  Good think I'm a zillionaire.

With your shortened left leg swing and aversion to long runs, I predict a great future in counter-clockwise short races. Hmm... perhaps you'll become a Track Star!

Would that I were still a zillionaire... I'm out six races and an airline ticket. But, at least one RD was kind enough to ship the shirt I'm not qualified to wear. Roll eyes

I'm going to try to do this in September. (a short beer & donut run in a small town off I-94)

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

Y'all are funny.

Sorry you are jacked up and can't run, though.  That sucks.  And not the good kind.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Credit and criminal background checks will be performed.

That's me out.

Kalsarikännit

With your shortened left leg swing and aversion to long runs, I predict a great future in counter-clockwise short races. Hmm... perhaps you'll become a Track Star!

This is why I come on RA.  Genius.  Diamond League here I come.  I will wave and blow kisses to you guys on Universal Sports.  Ultrarunner to 800.  It will make for a great story. 

I can't wait to discuss Purdey's criminal background at Pb.  Big grin

DoppleBock

I believe Purdey is an Internation Spy ...

Maybe we should take up a RA collection to send WG to the runners clinic and get her fixed up.

WG - I do not know if you read through Christine's ordeal?

http://laphampeaktrailrunners.blogspot.com/2011/08/where-heck-is-christine.html

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

This is why I come on RA.  Genius.  Diamond League here I come.  I will wave and blow kisses to you guys on Universal Sports.  Ultrarunner to 800.  It will make for a great story. 

Where most would cower at the thought of Distance...She, alone, chose to tackle Speed.

BTW - I'm going to try to do this in September. (a short beer & donut run in a small town off I-94) [I *think* the course might run counterclockwise :-) ]

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

BTW - I'm going to try to do this in September. (a short beer & donut run in a small town off I-94) [I *think* the course might run counterclockwise :-) ]

No charities, no sponsors, no cause.......no point.   My kind of race.

Hmmm.  I said I wouldn't race at all for the rest of the year, but this looks interesting.  However, I am disappointed that it doesn't require donut consumption during the race like the Krispy Kreme Challenge.

Registration closes on Monday, but it is only fifteen bucks.  Plus it will make me get off my butt and at least do some badass cross training when I'm not running.

Ending at a brewery.  I like this idea.  I think I am in.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

No charities, no sponsors, no cause.......no point.   My kind of race.

Hmmm.  I said I wouldn't race at all for the rest of the year, but this looks interesting.  However, I am disappointed that it doesn't require donut consumption during the race like the Krispy Kreme Challenge.

Registration closes on Monday, but it is only fifteen bucks.  Plus it will make me get off my butt and at least do some badass cross training when I'm not running.

Ending at a brewery.  I like this idea.  I think I am in.

Ackk! I didn't notice the registration deadline... better plunk down my money!

I figure the swag is worth the $15 - I bet they'll do a cool shirt. And, a day of $3 pints at Dark Horse... I'd been thinking about making the field trip to visit them anyways (they make some good stuff) - might as well combine it with an Event and a Deal.

As for racing, you could bring your bike instead!

Liz

pace sera, sera