Ultra Runners

Tahoe Rim Trail ultras (Read 1123 times)

Anyone heading out to the Tahoe Rim races this year? I have a local friend heading out there who is looking for a meet-up or gathering.

Thought I would resurrect this.

Anyone doing Tahoe this year (2011)?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I'm in for the 100

Imminent Catastrophe

50 mile. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I'm in for the 50 miler as well.  Still planning on it, but we'll see.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)

I'm in for the 100 too. Less than 8 weeks now...

Imminent Catastrophe

Word is there's still deep snow at higher altitudes. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

I'm in for the 100 too. Less than 8 weeks now...

Cool,  your log had me wondering if you were still planning on it.

Word is there's still deep snow at higher altitudes. 

The diamond peak ski resort website says 123" @ 8500', but only 59" at 6700.

My family and I are heading out early and we are renting a house within walking distance of Diamond peak.

I'm doing the 50!  See you guys there...this will be my first race at altitude so we'll see how it goes...

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm doing the 50!  See you guys there...this will be my first race at altitude so we'll see how it goes...

50 what?

See you at Pinhoti, probably at the GUTS aid station.

50 what?

See you at Pinhoti, probably at the GUTS aid station.

The 50 miler at Tahoe Rim.

Is the GUTS aid station the one at the top of Pinnacle?   

Imminent Catastrophe

We have two, Hwy 431 (mile 23) and Pinnacle. I was just wondering if you meant 50 mile or 50k. Me too for the 50 mile.

Cool,  your log had me wondering if you were still planning on it.

Yeah, I really get tired of logging all my runs. It's amazing how I can get so lazy about something so simple.