Ultra Runners

Tahoe Rim Trail ultras (Read 1123 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Registration for 2012 is now open. I'm going to try again, 50-miler.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jjameson

Did the 50k last year.  Fantastic beautiful course.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Registration for 2012 is now open. I'm going to try again, 50-miler.

Had fun last year, too.  50 miles is enough - those that do that loop 2x for the 100 are mentally tough for certain.

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Tahoe is an amazingly beautiful course. And very, very difficult. I did the 100, and it messed me up. I've been dealing with injuries ever since.

You should totally do 100.

Imminent Catastrophe

From the TRT FB page:

Good afternoon from Lake Tahoe. Over 400 registered in under 16 hours. Based on past registration numbers and the waiting list we're going to hold registration open until 600. After 600 we'll switch to the waiting list. If you're planning to register please do so very soon. If you know anyone who has been thinking about it please spread the word.

You have been warned.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Tahoe is an amazingly beautiful course. And very, very difficult. I did the 100, and it messed me up. I've been dealing with injuries ever since.

You should totally do 100.

Another example of a statement that your average non-ultrarunner would find completely loony, but we in this forum understand completely!

Another example of a statement that your average non-ultrarunner would find completely loony, but we in this forum understand completely!

I know, right?

In for the 100 again

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Imminent Catastrophe

8 places left.

I just put myself on the wait list. We'll see how it goes. If it's anything like Cascade Crest I might have a chance. Last year CC100 went through all 70 wait list folks.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I'm in. They let some waitlisters in already. Time do some climbing.

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

^^This is awesome.

^^This is awesome.

Let's do some Mt Rainier training runs in the spring gumbee! I need to find some altitude!

~Sara

Let's do some Mt Rainier training runs in the spring gumbee! I need to find some altitude!

It's funny you should say that.

I've been thinking about running the wonderland trail and have been looking for someone crazy enough to run with

You'll ruin your knees!

...jealous...on so very many levels...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Imminent Catastrophe

Wait, is Tahoe hilly?