Ultra Runners

2013 TEAM USA World Championship Performance List (Read 870 times)

xor

Per Traci, who I just talked to:

Women
    1) Connie Gardner (AUTOMATIC)
    2) Suzanna Bon (AUTOMATIC)
    3) Anne Lundblad (AUTOMATIC)
    4) Sabrina Little (Moran)
    5) Traci Falbo
    6) Deb Horn

Alternates (first 3)
    1) Carilyn Johnson
    2) Lana Haugberg
    3) Jennifer Aradi

Men
    1) Mike Morton (AUTOMATIC)
    2) Jon Olsen
    3) Joe Fejes
    4) Serge Arbona
    5) Harvey Lewis
    6) Scott Traer

Alternates
    1) Nick Coury
    2) John Dennis

...but Anne is for sure not going.

Ok, bye.

Kalsarikännit

I received an email last night. It let me know that I was an alternate to the team, if I am not already a USATF member I should join, so on, so forth, and I should probably get ready to run in May in case the current Miss America cannot fulfill her duties or has nude pictures pop up online.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, WG.    Ya never know what might happen between now and then.

steph  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I received an email last night. It let me know that I was an alternate to the team, if I am not already a USATF member I should join, so on, so forth, and I should probably get ready to run in May in case the current Miss America cannot fulfill her duties or has nude pictures pop up online.

I hear Tanya Harding is looking for a new gig ....

Liz

pace sera, sera

Feeling the growl again

I hear Tanya Harding is looking for a new gig ....

There's always Photoshop for the other option...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Congratulations WrigleyGirl!

bhearn

Congrats & good luck, WG, crossing fingers.

Congrats, WrigleyGirl! Here's hoping.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                    Congrats, WG!

Kalsarikännit

Thanks, but it doesn't feel like something I should be congratulated on. I mean, I missed my goal, right?  I think there is really no chance that I will be in the race, but that is really, really ok. I had a back-up race planned for a very long time.  I get to do the Grand Union Canal Race and I am still getting to race overseas. I can't wait to see London! Plus, it is weird how confident I am that I will make the team in the future. It isn't a question of "if", just "when".  I keep thinking I'll end up getting in and they'll announce that they are going to hold the race in a glamorous, exciting location like South Bend, Indiana. Big grin

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Terre Haute.

Liz

pace sera, sera

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Gary

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Uh oh... now what?

Thanks, but it doesn't feel like something I should be congratulated on. I mean, I missed my goal, right? ...

What about a nice effort?  A reasonable attempt?  A flag waving for an abstract failure to respond to external stimuli?  A chocolate chip cookie to soothe the restless soul?

Roy Clark (before your time):  I'd like to introduce my next record now.  Well, it's not a record yet, but I hope it is at least a good effort."

Ya done good, kiddo, and there will be other days.

Kalsarikännit

Terre Haute.

Holy crap.

Sorry, guys. I can't race in the World Championships in Terre Haute because I have a previous commitment to wash my llama/run in the "Race to Eliminate Back Acne 5k"/get a pedicure for my two remaining toenails.

Kalsarikännit

Ya done good, kiddo, and there will be other days.

I know you have been around this sport for a really long time, run a lot of these races, and seen a lot of runners do some really amazing stuff, so that really means a lot to me. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone else too. Really. It is great that we have a group like this to encourage and bounce ideas off of each other. The very best thing is everyone here treats each other so normally when discussing running 100 mile or other long distance races. Not like people in the outside world. Those people are freaks. Wink