Ultra Runners

Western States 100 (Read 1049 times)

I see that Wrigleygirl will be running at Western States.  I and my buddy will be crewing for her sister, KateMD.  Any other RA-ers gonna be there??

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Gringo runner

Gringo Runner will be toeing the line at the big dance!

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

I'll hopefully be at the river crossing AS this year. 

If anyone needs info about the area, feel free to PM me - I live in Auburn.

Let's have a meet-up, Leslie!

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Purdey

Self anointed title

Any other RA-ers gonna be there??

Not for a few years probably.... but still desperate to do this one, probably more than any other race.

Just need to find funds... and time off... and wifely approval... and... and...

The King of Beasts

Not for a few years probably.... but still desperate to do this one, probably more than any other race.

Just need to find funds... and time off... and wifely approval... and... and...

If you get in you should fly into Nashville on your way out if you want a crew / pacer.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Purdey

Self anointed title

If you get in you should fly into Nashville on your way out if you want a crew / pacer.

This thought had already crossed my mind.

Landy - I sent you a message with my cell phone number.   A run together would be fun, either Thurs a.m. or Fri a.m.  Both afternoons, Karen and I will be going to whatever workshops are going on.  Thurs is the crew workshop with mandatory attendance.

Re the water crossing - is there an aid station there?

If a run doesn't work out, dinner one of the nights would be great.  I pulled up an Internet map, and it doesn't look like there's much between Squaw Valley and Auburn, and it's a 1.5 hr drive between the two, yes?

Anyway, would love to work something out.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Re the water crossing - is there an aid station there?

If a run doesn't work out, dinner one of the nights would be great.  I pulled up an Internet map, and it doesn't look like there's much between Squaw Valley and Auburn, and it's a 1.5 hr drive between the two, yes?

Anyway, would love to work something out.

There is an aid station at Rucky Chuck(y), at the river before the runners cross.  And there is another one 1.8  miles and 700 feet up to Green Gate. Both of these are difficult to get to (from a crew standpoint), with some hiking involved.  Both are driveable right now, but on race day they don't allow cars all the way and instead have volunteers and crew hike down the canyons.

And yes, it's about 1.5 hours to Auburn from Squaw.  We'll work things out for a meet-up.

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Kalsarikännit

Oh boy.  Looks like we are going to have pleanty of snow to play in.  They send out volunteer information for this weekend which included this:

WE HAVE MOVED THE LOCATION FROM
                    ROBINSON FLAT TO FRENCH MEADOWS
                    DUE TO SNOW. PLEASE RSVP IF YOU PLAN TO
                    ATTEND ANY PART OF THIS EVENT. WE HAVE A
                    LOT OF TRAIL WORK TO DO FOR WS100 PREP DUE
                    TO THE SLOW SNOW MELT.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

KateMD and Wriggley Girl are sister - really or like in the sisterhood of ultra-running?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

KateMD and Wriggley Girl are sister - really or like in the sisterhood of ultra-running?

I think fatozzig meant her buddy's sister.

I and my buddy will be crewing for her sister, KateMD

Dad just wishes he had a daughter who is a doctor.  He got stuck with a daughter who is a bartender and runs goofy distances.  He is still trying to figure out how the heck that happened.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

Deep down every Dad just wants his little girl to be happy ...

You seem like a pretty happy person.

I think fatozzig meant her buddy's sister.

I and my buddy will be crewing for her sister, KateMD

Dad just wishes he had a daughter who is a doctor.  He got stuck with a daughter who is a bartender and runs goofy distances.  He is still trying to figure out how the heck that happened.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Yep, KateMD is the sister of my running buddy, Karen.

Hey Trails - send me an email at fatozzig at yahoo dot com.  If it's still open, Karen and I would like to take you up on your offer to stay at your place Sunday after the run.  That might be the best way for us to get together, since Auburn and Squaw Valley are inconveniently far apart.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

We got our volunteer assignment for WS - once again at the finish line.  My husband and boys and I are working the 10 pm to 2 am shift. 

Wrigleygirl & Gringo Runner - send me a private message if you need/want any advice about Auburn like places to shop and eat - I tried preparing a map for Leslie, but haven't had time to finish it up.  Also, if you'd like to stop by after the race on Sunday -  we'd love to host you tired, amazing runners, and Leslie (fatozzig) will be here, too.  I've got a pool and a hot tub to hang out at.