Ultra Runners

WS100 Lottery (Read 585 times)

DoppleBock

I was thinking of your comment last year.

I will take an entry anytime I can get it.  The result will just be different depending on what has laready been planned for the year. 

I really, really want to do it. I just wish I had more time after a super long race in May so I can recover just a bit. If I end up not getting in, and getting another ticket in next years lottery, it will probably be for the best. Either way, I want that sub-24 buckle.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

My name is in the hat 2X.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I really, really want to do it. I just wish I had more time after a super long race in May so I can recover just a bit. If I end up not getting in, and getting another ticket in next years lottery, it will probably be for the best. Either way, I want that sub-24 buckle.

I can have the hair long again by June  - if you get in, I think you should let me run for you.  Running is already bad for you and after 145 miles you should rest 1 day for every mile you ran (Runners World says so!). 

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)
        bhearn

In. My name is only in the hat once... I got lucky last year. I can't say I expect lightning to strike twice. But I must have my revenge.

DoppleBock

http://ultrasignup.com/lottery/lottery_bystate.aspx?did=17746

I like the feature where you can easily look up who has entered from a state

DoppleBock

I wonder how many jerk-wads like me enter the lottery, not because I dream of running it next year, but that I recognize it is hard to get in and it is something that would be nice to run ... someday.

I was / am the same way with Boston - I never dreamed of running it, but figured I might as well run it at least once.

bhearn

I never miss a Boston... I can see being the same way about WS. Unfortunately getting into Boston is way easier. It would be nice if there were a performance-based way to get into WS, other than "win a Montrail cup race". Though I guess any 100-mile qualifying time, say, would favor particular races much more than in the Boaton case. If they only allowed 100s as qualifiers, as many have been pushing for, that would make a big difference.
                DoppleBock

Finish top 10 at WS = Qualified ~ What happened last year ... you had a chance to auto-qualify Smile

I never miss a Boston... I can see being the same way about WS. Unfortunately getting into Boston is way easier. It would be nice if there were a performance-based way to get into WS, other than "win a Montrail cup race". Though I guess any 100-mile qualifying time, say, would favor particular races much more than in the Boaton case. If they only allowed 100s as qualifiers, as many have been pushing for, that would make a big difference.

bhearn

Finish top 10 at WS = Qualified ~ What happened last year ... you had a chance to auto-qualify Smile

Yeah... finish top 10. Or I could be Gordy, or Cowman. And there are a couple of other way to auto qualify. Just about as likely. 10th this year was 16:18.

DoppleBock

Better train harder 

Yeah... finish top 10. Or I could be Gordy, or Cowman. And there are a couple of other way to auto qualify. Just about as likely. 10th this year was 16:18.

Imminent Catastrophe

3577 tickets total. If you figure all the automatic entries there are probably what, 300 slots? Pretty long odds. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

If they only allowed 100s as qualifiers, as many have been pushing for, that would make a big difference.

I could see that but hopefully they would add more 100s as qualifiers. There are a lot of 100s that aren't qualifiers and it seems like there's not much logic behind which races are in and which aren't. For instance, the Antelope island 50-miler is a qualifier. If you do it twice for the 100-miler, it's not a qualifier. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

bhearn

3577 tickets total. If you figure all the automatic entries there are probably what, 300 slots? Pretty long odds. 

There were 1600-1700 the past few years... and odds were supposedly about 10%. Not looking good this year.

Imminent Catastrophe

Looks like Tahoe!

RunJasonRun

I qualified for WS 100 with my Pinhoti 100 finish three weeks ago, so my name is in the hat as a first-timer to get that lottery accrual ball rolling.  

Good luck, everyone!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.