Ultra Runners

2012 US National Championship Team (Read 2302 times)

Not A Runner

Yay RA'ers!  I hope Buzzie's foot is treating her well.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Messed my knee up at about mile 13 . Mostly walking. Well ahead of septembers pace still. Right now 80 looks doable. May be close. Cpev is doing great despite some stomach issues

marathon maniac #1293 2012 Goals 2000 miles - 100 miles in NC24-Fall

HoosierDaddy

Is it online now?

jjameson

HoosierDaddy

TY - James dropped it seems.

Ugh have 4 less laps than I thought. Allowing myself 10 minutes to stew over it and reevaluate my goals.

bliss24

12-hour update.  Some of the positions have changed.  Some impressive mileage at the half-way mark, but the race hasn't even really begun yet.  Can't wait to see what happens through the night and into the morning!

Left the park just after midnight. I don't have much to report as the RD was busy with manual lap counting. I was able to get lap counts for Moran and Gardner, both whom were through 106 laps at 12:06 a.m. (Approx 95 miles in 15h 6m). That appears to be on pace for the record (145.28)

Moran looked really steady and it seems Gardner was feeding off her. I wonder if they can work together to press towards that 145.

On the men's side, I have no lap counts. But Olsen looked fast and steady. Arbona moving steady, too.

Weather-wise, it was windy through the day and it settled down by 10:00 p.m. At midnight, wind died down and great temps with a bright moon.

As far as the timing, what I heard is the electronic system failed at the start and they've been manually counting since lap 1.

Let's hope they post an 18-hour update.

bliss24

Thank you so much for the update!

Not A Runner

18 hour updates are up.  We got us a race between Moran and Gardner!

Buzzie is doing fantastic.  She is in 5th place.  Go Liz go!

Not on site this morning, but I did get this bit of info this morning from the RD at 7:30 a.m. local:

"Sabrina just passed Connie. And Sabrina looks intense and fresh. She is moving now."

Buzzie is doing fantastic.  She is in 5th place.  Go Liz go!

For the time I was there last night, Buzzie looked terrific and moving very well! Go Liz!

Not A Runner

It's over.

I must have results now!!!!

(Aren't trail runners supposed to be mellow and patient?  When do I get that?)

I had gotten a second wind early this morning and had a real good 1-1/2 hours..but with about 2-1/2 hours left my knee issue re-appeared - wih that and some severe blisters i finished at 8am. A few miles short of 70. Sabrina was moving really fast and Connie was slowing. The last few hours.

bliss24

Results please!  I'm so antsy!

Glad you went back out for a bit, Murphy.   And thanks for the update.

So, did Sabrina take the win?  Over 145?  What about Olson!.  It was possible at 18 hrs for him to nitch a record too.  Can't wait to hear.