Ultra Runners

Muir Beach Trail Run (Read 502 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody run this? I may be in the area and am considering the 33 or 50k.

http://www.pctrailruns.com/Muir_Beach.htm

50k -

I've did a few of the PCTRAILRUNS events and all I can say is that Wendell and Sarah are great people that put on good races.  In this area I ran Miwok 100K and paced at the Headlands 100 last weekend, both of these look like they run the same course as Muir Beach however they start at Rodeo Beach.

If you like wonderful views, good trails, hills, great people, hills, good weather, hills, fun runnning, hills.  Did I mention hills?

If you are on the fence about whether to run it there is only one answer.....stop reading right now, go to the website, register as quick as you can.

Did I say stop reading, why are you still reading this.  You need to be registering.

You're still not listening, you are still reading. Smile

Can't believe I ever left Washington with all the good running to be had around there!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That looks like a brute of a course, I just wish we had some more 100 km runs in the UK, they are few and far between

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

...---...

Trent - haven't run it but when we (me and DW) were out there for the marathon a few weeks ago, we "toured" some of those trails - I talked to a guy who's run it the last several years who thought the 50K would be challenging but doable for a marathon runner who ran moderately hilly terrain. Considering where you live and the terrain you run on, I think you'll feel right at home. Besides, from what we saw, the scenery was drop dead gorgeous. But you already know that. The trail sections we were on were not particularly technical. Don't know if any of this helps but there it is.

PS - try La Mar at Pier 1 1/2. Peruvian restaurant, awesome menu. They had a write up in "Food and Wine" not long ago - moderately priced IMO, and can go casual. Also, Cafe de la Presse has changed their menu around a little. Still an awesome place. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

You'll ruin your knees!

Do it, you know you wanna...

As previously stated, Wendell and Sarah do an awesome job!  They are great ambassadors for trail running and you wouldn't want to miss out on a chance to run one of their races!  Sarah hangs out a lot on the RW forum for trail running if you want to contact her, or you could just email the RD on the race website if you have specific questions. 

Do it, then tell us about it!

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Yep, Sara and Wendell put on fantastic - but tough - runs, with the best aid stations.  Wish I could run that one, but I'll be gearing up for Desert High 50k in Ridgecrest, CA, in December.

And as said before, hills, hills, hills, stairs, hills, hills, stairs, stairs, hills . . . oh, and more hills. Have fun!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Soooooo tell us Trent, dir you register yet?
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Soooooo tell us Trent, dir you register yet?

Yep.  Just did...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just drove by them hills.

This:

Well, you can't say you weren't warned.   Just remember, no matter how torturous the trail is, the aid stations are a smorgasborg (sp?) of goodies. 

Don't forget to come back and tell us how it went.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Flyover of the 33k course: http://therunscout.com/2009/11/muir-beach-33k/

We run this, then overlap much of it for the 17k follow up.

Hope you have an awesome run Trent!  It should be beautiful, if the weather is good.
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

With all those great views, chances are that the official race photographer will be set up in the parking lot right on a paved section of road catching "trail runners" for a race shot! 

Oh well... have a blast, Trent!  I know you will enjoy it...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ouch.

Now I know what hills are.

Big grin

Pics to come...