Ultra Runners

Muir Beach Trail Run (Read 502 times)

Ouch.

Now I know what hills are.

Big grin

Pics to come...

Heh. That's how I felt after my first 50k too. Did you love them? Smile What was the elevation gain?

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah.  I am humbled, but in retrospect it was great.  About 8000 feet total gain/loss.  Most of the climbs were 700-1000 feet, with grades of 20% (i.e., you could not run them, you could not walk them).  At mile 22 I could c limb no more, but did anyway.  And got it done.

You'll ruin your knees!

...a picture is worth 1,000 words!  Congrats on the finish...when you forget the pain, I can show you some longer climbs

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

KvnJns

Sweet. Nice job Trent.

Kevin

Carl A

Great running and photography!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

...---...

Late to the party here, sorry. Looks like an awesome run. Way to go! I really enjoyed the photos - thanks for taking time to post these Trent.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks all.

So 8 days after the 50k, I ran Monkey.  I knew at mile 1, the first hill, that I still had Muir in my legs, and just about nothing else.  My legs just never woke up.  Muir took a lot out of me.  But then today, 4 days later, I stomped out a good hilly 5 miler.  So all is not lost!  A fine two weeks of running, to be sure Big grin