Ultra Runners

2007 - 2008 (Read 220 times)

Carl A

So how's the end of 2007 wrapping up for you guys? Although I wasn't ready to enter the 100 in September, I did set a 68-mile personal distance record in August. For next year, I'm hoping to significantly improve my marathon time and then be in shape for a late-year 100. Along the way, I'm planning informal 50K races in January and February. Cheers, Carl

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I ran my first (a 50k) in September, and would like to run another next year. I haven't planned past march yet, though.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran lots of road races this year but my favorites were trail 50k's, so I'm going to focus on ultras next year. I'd like to step up to a 50 mile or 100k next year but haven't picked one yet. The Antelope Island 50 sounds interesting...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016