Ultra Runners

Grand Union Canal Race (Read 423 times)

Into the wild

Good luck Jerry; you've come a long way, now go out and get 145 miles further.

Shut up and run

I know it was a joke...I have been so focussed on this damn race for so long that we have agreed a game plan that will only be changed on the run if there are issues that only a race will present Smile

Most of all Jerry enjoy the experience even through the tough patches. I hope you have your 25kg of goodies packed ready.

Remember it's a privilege to race in this one so make it count and don't blow up less than 10 times during the race (that is a joke Big grin)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

The King of Beasts

Good luck, Jerry!!!!

one more.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Imminent Catastrophe

+

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Best wishes on 145, Jerry! Looking forward to your report. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Good luck Jerry!

Thanks everyone

I have just had the "Checkpoint Menu" sent through and sounds brilliant

CP3 Canal Soup (sort of minestrone) + rolls; custard and swiss roll/apple tart

CP5 Veggie Quiche + beans; rice pud +jam

CP7 Scrambled egg/bacon sandwiches

CP10 Hotdogs (veg option); Waffles + syrup

CPs 6,8,9, cuppa soups and snacks.  CPs 1, 2 Snacks (fruit, chocolate, sweet, biscuits)

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

Canal Soup

Hope they don't make it with water from the canal....

ha ha, there is great discussion about what exactly Canal Soup is but having had Dick's quisine before it promises to be a runners banquet. He has a habit of buying stuff to fit the budget and it will probably be minestrone with added pasta and potatoes. The warming stuff that fills your stomach but doesn't upset it.

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily