Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 719 times)

Kalsarikännit

A1 was easier.  He needed two things.

1.  Jet Blackberry Gu.

2.  Other stuff that he would throw up.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

It was a made up name to try and name a beer that you could make for DWD - Just in fun.  I know the right thing to do is the 50k ~  

Yeah I should have got it, but sometimes I'm a little slow.  Thornbush it is, and I'll bring up some of my soon to be bottled Surly Furious clone. 

WG, are you in?

You can receive aide in all of tent city. 

We make up the endurox with love - 1 bottle at a time.  I will have a 32 ounce empty gatorade bottle with 3 lines on it for small medium and large.  But it will always be 2 level scoops of endurox.  Base plan is for 2 laps with handheld with a gel in pocket then a lap where I slam endurox and give bottle back.

Huh, I never really thought of the positive side of a short loop race, the logistics.  Even running 50 miles little things begin to bug me after a while.  At Ice Age I dumped the handheld at mile 37 because I just didn't want to hold the fricking thing anymore.  It would be cool to be able to dump your handheld and get it back almost anytime you want it.  Not cool enough to make me want to run for 24 hours though.

Kalsarikännit

So run a 6 or 12.  Better yet, signup for Howl at the Moon 8 hour before it is full (it fills quick).  Beer and camping.  Aug 11.  I can't remember if I already told you about it.  Did you mention training for a fast mara in the fall?  Who cares?  Everyone should run this race.  They tap the keg the night before the race.

I don't think DWD may happen just because I am starting a new job and I already gave them my list of out-of-town time for the year.  Thank God they didn't fire me on the spot.

xor

Who is going to fire you?  You make a mean mofo mojito.

Kalsarikännit

I've never made a mojito in my life, and I'd throw anyone out that asked for one.  I don't muddle or use a blender.  

So run a 6 or 12.  Better yet, signup for Howl at the Moon 8 hour before it is full (it fills quick).  Beer and camping.  Aug 11.  I can't remember if I already told you about it.  Did you mention training for a fast mara in the fall?  Who cares?  Everyone should run this race.  They tap the keg the night before the race.

Yeah, it's that damn marathon time I keep chasing after.  I thought I would be satisfied if I broke 3.  Then 2:55, now shooting for <2:50.  If I can do that I'll be happy, I promise. 

Of course I'm already thinking I'm not going to be happy until I run a sub 7 at Ice Age.  I think it can be done with better fueling, some training tweaks, and just stupidly hammering away at that race.  Even if I don't I'll have fun trying.

RE howl at the moon 8hr, it's something I might consider depending on how I am feeling closer to August.  I am recovering much better from IAT so far, so not ruling anything out.

DoppleBock

Plus weather - It could be a bit more ideal than this year - Not sure a lot more ideal - But it can be a lot worse.  I believe you can run sub 7.

I am with you on the Ice Age sub 7:00 goal ~ Just not sure when I will get my next shot.  I also have a silly goal for Glacial 50M I want to go after this year. 

Of course I'm already thinking I'm not going to be happy until I run a sub 7 at Ice Age.  I think it can be done with better fueling, some training tweaks, and just stupidly hammering away at that race.  Even if I don't I'll have fun trying.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

A1 was easier.  He needed two things.

1.  Jet Blackberry Gu.

2.  Other stuff that he would throw up.

aaah, good times.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

I've never made a mojito in my life, and I'd throw anyone out that asked for one.  I don't muddle or use a blender.  

Ah, sorry, I meant to just say 'mean mofo if someone asks you for a mojito'

xor

Wow, I'm glad this race was the previous weekend and not yesterday.

They might have canceled it at M10.

Joke.

Sort of.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Joke.

Sort of.

?

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

Joke.

Sort of.

Hasn't KM100 got that hot before?  Just because the weather doesn't get above 70 out there in WA doesn't mean you need to be hating on us midwesterners  Smile