Ultra Runners

coming out of Retirement (Read 107 times)

DoppleBock

I am thinking of semi de-fatting and get in half ass (Well maybe an ass and one half) shape.

I don't care if I ever see anything but the last page of the results sheet ... but I do miss ultras, trails and running / jogging for hours on end.

I really do not have any races on my bucket list although I would like to do FANS24 and KM100 sometime (Both fall on same date)

I may not make ultra distance, but I am going to start with this one

http://www.locallupus.org/get-involved-events/goose-bumps-run/

The 24 start Friday 2PM and the 6 hour starts Saturday 8AM, so the last 6 hours of the 24 are the same time as the 6 hour race. It has camping on site.  A trail (ish) 2.8 mile loop.  My friend and fellow big horse - Richard is the RD and it has good food and good beer (Pearl Street).  I plan on volunteering for the 24 and running (jogging + walking) the 6 hour.

I hope to make 11 laps + 1 1/4 mile out and back for 31 miles.  But I will be happy just trying.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've heard very good reports about that race and have several friends involved or running it including SueIn_TN.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We'll see you there again!! 

Running is dumb.

DoppleBock

Yes - See you at Goose Bumps.

I am traveling in York, PA for work.  Although I miss my family, I enjoy traveling for work = Work + Work out.... repeat.

Yesterday was Rocky Ridge County Park - Full of technical Rocks - Much more technical than Northern Kettle.

I ended up with 11 miles and @ 2,000 vertical feet.

Tonight's plan is a carbon copy of yesterday - Unless I do one more mile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

well now this is exciting!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Welcome back DB!  I have no doubt you will get you 50K at Goose Bumps.  I am just getting back into contemplating running long as well after dealing with an injury for over a year.  Hopefully I will see you on the trails soon!

Welcome back DB!  .......... I am just getting back into contemplating running 

WE"RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

bhearn

jjameson

Yeah!

DoppleBock

Just finishing week 8 or running and week 17 of weight lifting / back & Core

Hip and back went south a few days - So I took off those days - I feel better today.

Tomorrow will be the long effort of the week (4 min jog / 2 min walk) repeat as many times as possible.  I am hoping for 20 miles, but I will be happy with what I get.

30 pounds down and 76 pounds to go ... Hoping by end of February to be there.

*  Back and Hip must stay happy

*  Herniated Diaphragm must stay out of the mix

*  Beer must be a special treat

DB-

How did the training go? Hope to see you in a few days!

DoppleBock

Bad news on 2 fronts

1)  My oldest daughter has her conference tennis meet on Saturday - I am not going to Goose Bumps

2)  At end of July - Vacation I fell off the workout wagon and took 5 weeks off

On a happier note - I jumped back on the wagon and this is my 3rd week back ... 10 pounds heavier

This has been a theme over the last couple years .... I cannot sustain more than 8-9 weeks of training.

I have a 100k race I want to do with my sister in February, but I will not sign up until I lose 25# ... It may be full by then as it is a WS100 golden ticket race.  I Hope that gets me focused.

DB-

How did the training go? Hope to see you in a few days!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's too bad, DB!  We'll miss seeing you there.  Good luck to your daughter though Smile

Running is dumb.

DB-

Sorry to hear that but at least you've gotten back on the wagon! Good luck to your daughter, and hopefully we can meet up sometime!

DoppleBock

Depending on which path I decide to travel in the next 3-6 months ... I could be at a lot more races

Or

Face down in 2 dozen doughnuts or a family sized order of deep fried cheese curds

I am hopeful for the 1st ... With a potential for 2 races in 2017

* Feb 2017 ... Black Canyon 100k - I need to prove I am committed before I commit (My sister is running)

* Jun 2017 ... FANS24 in 2017 > I need @ 101 miles to get my 500 mile vest