Ultra Runners

Looking for feedback on Chimera (Read 31 times)

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

The 100 miler in SoCal, not the Ultra member.

Have you done it? Did you "like" it? Would you do it again?

If you did it again, what would you do different?

Thanks

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
    Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

bhearn

I always start here when looking at a 100; this site compares finish times of all the 100s, relative to Western States = 100%. But Chimera 100M is not on the list, only the 100K. Is it new?

Did you check it out on ultrasignup.com?  Looks like harder than average based on Karl Meltzer's times compared to other races.  My question is, why this race when you could have so many other 100's in the midwest where there are experienced locals willing to crew/pace for you?  (yes, I am volunteering Smile)

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

1. I kinda want a point to point or big loop. (KM100 works)
          2. I know I'll suffer and don't really want people I know to think I may not be superhuman
          3. I want scenery versus distance. If you want me to zone in on 100 miles, forget it. But tell me there's a cool view around that bend and I gotta see it.
          4. I want it to be in reasonably cool weather. Cold far outweighs hot. (KM100 fails)

Did you check it out on ultrasignup.com?  Looks like harder than average based on Karl Meltzer's times compared to other races.  My question is, why this race when you could have so many other 100's in the midwest where there are experienced locals willing to crew/pace for you?  (yes, I am volunteering Smile)

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?