Ultra Runners

ATY (Read 190 times)

Kalsarikännit

There is a section under the tracking that keeps track of record attemps!  This is fun to follow along with.

There are a lot of people going for age group records. I don't even know where to find these, and I have been looking. Anyone have an idea?

Also, what is the women's open 48 hour record?  I'm curious.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I have very little idea what I'm doing here, but is this what you're looking for?

http://www.acrosstheyears.com/cgi-bin/atystats.cgi?action=performances

MTA: Heh, just looked a little closer and saw the blanks regarding those two particular things. Ah well. Reading is fun da mental.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Kalsarikännit

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I meant National records. The USATF site is no help.

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=road&age=open&sport=LDR

No women's 48 hour. I did discover that if I replaced "open" in the address with the appropriate age group, I could find masters age group records.

Uh oh... now what?

The AUA page http://www.americanultra.org/statistics/statframeset.htm

For 48-hour says "See Track List For Record" -- first wild-assed guess is that means the USATF.

On USATF:  http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/byEvent.asp?division=american&location=road&age=masters&eventName=all&sport=LDR

Sue Ellen Trapp is the only U.S. woman to ever run in a 48-hour event---right, yeah, sure.

They have a few listings for 12-hour, 24-hour, Sue Ellen Trapp, and 144-hour.

You could be dealing with the weird and wonderful world of USATF record keeping.  I have tried several times over the years to establish contact with them regarding ultramarathons, failed miserably.

bhearn

There is a section under the tracking that keeps track of record attemps!  This is fun to follow along with.

There are a lot of people going for age group records. I don't even know where to find these, and I have been looking. Anyone have an idea?

Also, what is the women's open 48 hour record?  I'm curious.

Originally you'd asked about the World Women's 35-39 Road 48 Hour record… from the Record Attempts tab, evident;y it's 328,222m (203.948 miles). You can beat that. If Charlotte Vasarhelyi doesn't beat it first.

World Women's Open Road 48 Hour is 368,687m (229.091 miles).

Kalsarikännit

I found some of the records under the "record attempts" section. It is interesting to see the numbers (and no, I am not asking because I want to go for any record).  It is fun to see what others have accomplished. I just can't believe that someone, somewhere has a up to date collection of American and World records with age group stuff included. Sheesh, USATF.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I found some of the records under the "record attempts" section. It is interesting to see the numbers (and no, I am not asking because I want to go for any record).  It is fun to see what others have accomplished. I just can't believe that someone, somewhere has a up to date collection of American and World records with age group stuff included. Sheesh, USATF.

WG - So you're in the 48 hour race not the 24?

Either way, good luck!

steph  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good luck, WG!  I'll be tracking you!

Running is dumb.

Kalsarikännit

WG - So you're in the 48 hour race not the 24?

Either way, good luck!

Yeah, the 48. Perfesser is starting today. His name is Russ, if you are tracking.

I've been tracking all night!  So fun!  Jon Olsen is doing the 48. He ran 100 in 14 hours, then did 9 more and must be taking a long break or dropped. I would have loved to see him put up a huge number.

I'm just doing this to satisfy my curiosity of how this should be done. Sleep/no sleep, pacing, eating more real food vs 80 gus, etc.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Aravaipa tweeted that Jon called it a day after 109 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Aravaipa tweeted that Jon called it a day after 109 miles.

Yeah, I saw that.

Well, good luck and have fun, WG.

I'd forgotten about Perfesser.  Glad you reminded me.

steph  

On On

Yeah, the 48. 

I'm just doing this to satisfy my curiosity of how this should be done. Sleep/no sleep, pacing, eating more real food vs 80 gus, etc.

From my experience on the sidelines for the last 4-5 years that I have been directing 3 Days at the Fair many runners have the capacity to run for 48 hours (so no sleep).  As for food I don't think I have seen anyone do it on just gus.  Everyone eats real food at some point.  Some eat a lot more than others but everyone eats real food at some point.

Good Luck Wrigs.  Run smart, have fun and learn lots.  Then have a beer.

Kalsarikännit

I'd forgotten about Perfesser.  Glad you reminded me.

I am at the race. I said hi to Perfesser. He looks great!  All smiles!

Hasher, I listened to what you said about 72 hour races being not too far off from 48 hours in terms of mileage because of time that you absolutely have to take off in a 72 hour, and I know that Phil set the 48 hour record at your race on no sleep. I have also talked to runners (like Deb Horn), who feel that a few quick naps can help you in the long run because you don't become a staggering zombie. I know my few 5 minute naps in England were game changers.  I don't know what I'll do, but I brought a tarp and my sleeping bag. No tent. I don't need to get TOO comfortable.

Kalsarikännit

It looks like Olsen is back in it. (I'm no longer there...I have a Bears/Packers game to watch.)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It looks like Olsen is back in it. (I'm no longer there...I have a Bears/Packers game to watch.)

And I'm going to miss a lot of it, the Bears/Packers game that is. I have to be at work this evening at 6 pm.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.