Ultra Runners

WS Has Been Cancelled (Read 173 times)

Due to the fires and very poor air quality, WS has been cancelled this year. http://www.ws100.com/latestnews.htm If any of you were participating, I feel for you. However, the fires here in CA have been bad, and more lightening strikes are due this weekend.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Purdey

Self anointed title

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry

Ultrachick

Thanks for the update Leslie. Jack was looking at the Fried Quads forum last night and saw an announcement that they were deciding what to do. I feel for everyone-what a let down. My training partner, Aliza, just flew out there to be a pacer. On the flip side, it's a good thing Jack didn't get in now. Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just came over here to post the news. Whoa.
            Sorry to whoever was entered... what a huge bummer! There's still space in Leadville if anyone's looking for an alternate 100.
              Yeah - this is big news here in our small town. For many of us, this is the one event we really look forward to all year. The cancellation was the right thing to do, however. Endangering runners, volunteers, or those that would be involved in rescue situations (if needed during the race) would have been irresponsible. I do sympathize, however, with those who spent endless hours and effort preparing to run and pace, or assist in any way, for that matter. Hours of volunteer time goes into this race, even before the event itself. And while last night the air cleared a little bit, and we even saw a little bit of blue sky before the sun set, this morning has been the worst air quaility all week. I think visibility was down to 1 1/4 mile. Still VERY bad. It's affecting all of us, even the non-runners Wink.
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                There's still plenty of room for the Headlands 100 through Pacific Coast Trail Runs www.pctrailruns.com. My friend, Karen, and I will be crewing for her sister, Kate, who will be running her first 100.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance