Ultra Runners

Race Report for Dirty German 50 Miler. (Read 46 times)

Keep Going

I had a total blast running my first 50 miler at Philly's Dirty German. Of course phrases such as "shit show" and "train wreck" also work. 

Honestly it was fun! 

100 milers are my favorite

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congrats on your first 50M! Maybe next year I'll join you at Dirty German (for the 25K or 50K), but it didn't fit my schedule this year being a week after Ice Age Trail. I was suffering even on a modest training run that day, so I can imagine what 50 miles was like. You've got a lot of races in your prep for Oil Creek, so lots of opportunities to learn.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Keep Going

Congrats on your first 50M! Maybe next year I'll join you at Dirty German (for the 25K or 50K), but it didn't fit my schedule this year being a week after Ice Age Trail. I was suffering even on a modest training run that day, so I can imagine what 50 miles was like. You've got a lot of races in your prep for Oil Creek, so lots of opportunities to learn.

Thanks George! Go figure it's been so nice and chilly since that day!! Never fails!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks George! Go figure it's been so nice and chilly since that day!! Never fails!

Yeah, but it promises to be a scorcher next weekend when I'm running 50K on the track. Not sure if I'll make Coventry Woods or Labor Pain this year. Labor Pain is only 2 weeks before NC 24 rather than 3 weeks like it was last year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

npaden

Congrats on gutting it out and finishing a tough race!

Enjoyed the race report.  I really need to get mine written up, it's almost been a month since I finished mine.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job and congratulations.  Those guys always put on a great race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Keep Going

Nice job and congratulations.  Those guys always put on a great race.

Thanks Tim! They really do put on fun races.