Ultra Runners

New Running Podcast - 3 Non-Joggers (Read 195 times)

First - I would like to add a disclaimer that I have not, as of the starting of this thread, listened to any of these podcasts yet.  They may just include an "R" rating for some unfortunate use of language.  Not sure.

That being said, Russ, one of the 3 Non-Joggers, is the trail running angel who came to my rescue during my first 50k trail run in May 2008 at Forest Park in Portland, OR.  From that fateful meeting, he has become a great friend to me and my running buddies, Karen and Kate.  He paced Kate at her first 100-miler that following August, and is putting together a report on Western States that will hopefully be on NPR at some point.

Gary - I met him for the first time at WS when he was Russ'  "media support personnel."  He attempted his first 100 miler at Pine to Palm in Oregon this past September.

Russ is a former stand-up comic, one of the funniest people I've met, and he and Gary are beyond nice.

So if you dare, check out the new to you, me, and the world podcast of 3 Non-Joggers.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just listened to the first one. Thought it started slow, but then got really funny and also interesting as regarding ultra-running experiences and stuff.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

They have 6 episodes posted to iTunes so far.  I've had to listen to them out of order, but they seem to be getting their act together.  I could be biased, but I doubt it. Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance