Ultra Runners

Alaska Dome 24/48 hour - 6-day (Read 57 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Just sent to the 'list by Joe Fejes [ jbfejes@gmail.com ]:

Aug 4-10, 2014. Indoor 413 meter track. 60 degree temp. Anchorage
    Alaska. Registration and Website forthcoming. Really excited about hosting
    the event. It wasn't easy finding an indoor track to schedule a 6 day. US
    Colleges with 300+ meter tracks are near impossible to either schedule or
    afford. I tried. Hopefully enough interest will be generated so I don't
    lose my shirt in costs! Fortunately have some backing by some close friends
    to help subsidize the costs along with the Alaska Dome being excited to
    hold a unique event.

-----

Where it would be:  http://www.thealaskadome.com/index_sports_trackfield.php

------

Usual "I have nothing to do with this and NFI" disclaimer.

rgot

John M.

Hmm, and I've been considering how to do a solo 24-hr safely on our local trails (not this year). With weather like we've had this summer, it would be hard to want to be inside all day, but August is typically rainy. Lot of other races this time of year.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      DoppleBock

Been a long time since a mutliday race was held indoors in the USA.

I wish this place would be willing to hold one.

http://www.thepettit.com/

National training center for speed skating.  It has a 443 meter running track on the outside of the speed skating ovals.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Uh oh... now what?

Do you know Joe (Fejes)?  I included his e-mail in the original post.  I

don't think he ever posts here, don't know how firm the Alaska thing

is---but he talks like it is set.

DoppleBock

I have met him twice and he is a great guy.  I had his e-mail address already.  I am not in the running game right now ... I crashed fairly bad downhill skiing back March 3rd and faught it without MD for many months, I fianlly saw family doc and have an 8/16 appt with sport and spine for initial consult.  I am hoping to figure things out / be fixed up by the start of ski season ...

Do you know Joe (Fejes)?  I included his e-mail in the original post.  I

don't think he ever posts here, don't know how firm the Alaska thing

is---but he talks like it is set.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Uh oh... now what?

I have met him twice and he is a great guy.  I had his e-mail address already.  I am not in the running game right now ... I crashed fairly bad downhill skiing back March 3rd and faught it without MD for many months, I fianlly saw family doc and have an 8/16 appt with sport and spine for initial consult.  I am hoping to figure things out / be fixed up by the start of ski season ... 

Oh... bummer there, sorry to hear about injury.  Wife went through five months flat on the frontroom floor working her way through the queue for hip replacement.  Best wishes for recovery, full recovery, full recovery and more speed and endurance than ever before.

Fejesjoe

The "Six Days in the Dome" race is a definite go. I signed the contract with the Dome on Friday and hopefully will have website and registration ready shortly. Dopplebock I hope your recovered by next August--would love to have you in the 24,48 or 6 day. Best regards joe

Kalsarikännit

Dude!

(That's all I got for now.  We will see about schedule, but this sounds awesome.)

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart