Ultra Runners

Okay - I Did It! (Read 324 times)

. . . . . . I signed up for AR50.  Ack!!  I felt like I was gonna get heart palpitations as my hand hovered over the final button, but with a big shwoosh of outward breath, I did it.  And it cost me $125, so I have to run it!  Emailed my coach and told him we needed to talk soon so I could start getting my head wrapped around this.  I know, it's still 7 months away, but then again, it's only 7 months away!  This is craziness, I tell ya.  Craziness.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...---...

Awesome! Looks like a great event. Hope training goes well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

CONGRATS!!!!! Enjoy your training!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yeah!  AR50 is a good race for your first 50.  Just watchout for the first half to make sure you do not go out to fast.  Also, they have really nice jackets at the finish.  Dennis
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Much luck!  That is a far more sane distance than the marathon.
              Much luck!  That is a far more sane distance than the marathon.

+1

Good luck on all your training leading up to it, Leslie... you'll do great.

Wow.  What a challenge.  Good luck with the training and race.  Looks like you have a progressive race line up that will prepare you well.
                Carl A

Train as best you can, and then run it with heart, mind, and spirit. That is, have fun!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Ultrachick

I checked out the web site...you'll be rubbing elbows with the big guns!  Sweet!  I was also looking to see how feasible it could be for me to get out there.....hmmm.....we'll see....{{{{{dreaming}}}}}.  You'll do great, learn a lot about yourself and have a great time all at once!  Phew!  Enjoy the journey getting there...the learning process has begun.
                    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                      That is a far more sane distance than the marathon.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for your encouragement, everyone.  I'm sure I'll be looking for it more right around, oh . . . is now too soon??(kidding)

Kelly - If you were able to make it out here that would SU-WEET!  But I won't pressure you . . . too much.

{sigh} Now I have to break the news to The Hub.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance