Ultra Runners

Indiana trail 100 (Read 721 times)

Ostrich runner

How do you enter the contest?

Hmm, not sure how to navigate there from the main page...anyway, here.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I am signed up for the 100 (this will be my first 100).  I went up and ran the course a few weeks ago to get a feel for it.  I wore my GPS and posted an elevation profile along with my thoughts on the course on my blog: http://www.doruntrail.com/2012/11/course-report-indiana-trail-100.html

Hmmmm...  

I'm from Indiana originally and have family in Ft Wayne.  May have to consider it for 2014 (Been injured for 4+ months and unable to run + I never do first year 100s).

Man, that course is flat as a pancake though! 

Feeling the growl again

I am very, very seriously considering the 50.  Since I already have a crew volunteered, it is more like I am in barring a serious excuse.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The Indiana 100 course is very runner friendly.  It follows most of the Huff 50K course tho there are reroutes around the water crossings.  This is a great course for attempting your first 100 miler.

Duke of the Internet

I'm interested in seeing the reviews of this race.  Good luck to everyone.  I fear races in the first year.  Year two, I'm in. 

Trail Monster

I definitely looked at this but picked BR instead. Maybe next year!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm interested in seeing the reviews of this race.  Good luck to everyone.  I fear races in the first year.  Year two, I'm in. 

Exactly.  I'm keeping my eyes on this one.  I want to know how the first year goes and then might consider it. 

Running is dumb.

I have met the race directors and run the course with them.  They are an experienced bunch and have put a lot of effort into the course and this race.  I think they will pull it off smoothly.