Ultra Runners

3 Days at the Fair 48 / 24 / 12 / 6 Hour Race - May 14, 2010 (Read 415 times)

On On

New timed race format ultra in Northern NJ starting on Friday May 14, 2010 and finishing on Sunday May 16, 2010.

Here is the website.

The venue is the Fairgrounds where they hold the NJ State Fair. The facilities include a full kitchen (for HOT and cold food at the aid station), huge restrooms with full shower facilities, plenty of place for tent or RV parking.

In addition there will be other activities taking place on the Fairgrounds to entertain those that come with you such as a horse show, poultry show, horticulture show, etc.

Course is relatively flat with just enough change in elevation to change up the muscles a little bit. It has been measured at 36' of elevation over the 1 Mile loop. The roads are wide (30 ft or more) across for plenty of room to run.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    KvnJns

48 hours...................Holy Sh!t.

Kevin

On On

So this race is going off this weekend.  I personally am going to try to get in a few miles myself each day even though I am the RD.

Question for anyone thinking of this race next year, what weekend would work best for you?

Three weekends I am thinking about, the same weekend (so May 13, 14, 15 2011),  Memorial Day weekend (May 28, 29, 30 2011) or Labor Day weekend (September 3, 4, 5 2011).

Any thoughts on any of those weekends?

DAMN WHY am I just seeing this now. Hmmmmmmmmmm this or South Mountain WTD WTD

CRAP never mind it's not next weekend and I've already paid for the RUn for the Red. CRAP CRAP CRAP oh well such is life Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

DAMN WHY am I just seeing this now. Hmmmmmmmmmm this or South Mountain WTD WTD

CRAP never mind it's not next weekend and I've already paid for the RUn for the Red. CRAP CRAP CRAP oh well such is life Sad

Yeah, too bad you couldn't make it....

Heh.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

On On

She did a great job in the 24 hour event.

Next year is going to be much bigger.  I think it will be fun to have a full tent city of 48 Hour and 24 Hour runners.  You can get out and run when ever you want, sleep when ever you want, eat when ever you want.  It is a runners dream.

Congrats Rick on a successful debut. By all accounts I've read, the organization and runner support was top-notch.

I hope this is around for many years - it may be a few years before I can make this but count me as interested.