Ultra Runners

D3 (Read 47 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pam Smith is through almost 89 miles in 12:06, right now at D3. Her 100 mile time is looking to be good.

(Dawn to Dusk to Dawn) (http://my3.raceresult.com/54628/?lang=en#0_65928F)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lots of American AG records and one world AG record set. Finally met bhearn in person at the Friday evening pre-race dinner and Pam and her crew, Maggie Guterl, joined us. That's some very august company for a slow poke like me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Liz

pace sera, sera

bhearn

It wasn't the race I had in mind. But I can't remember the last race where I got to meet so many people I'd been waiting to meet.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, George and bheran.  My good fried Laurie Dymond had a nice race but didn't PR and in fact moved down to 6th on the US Woman's list.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bhearn

Yes, she did very well. But 6th place is not good, because one spot is reserved for the winner of the National Championships. So I think she's effectively off the list.

AT-runner

Tim

Yes, she did very well. But 6th place is not good, because one spot is reserved for the winner of the National Championships. So I think she's effectively off the list.

Yes, unfortunately she knows this.  She was hoping for 140 to better the 135 she did at NC last year.  Still not bad for a teeny tiny 50 year old.  We always tease her about how great she does being a 4th graders height.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

From RD Bill Schultz's FB post

Here are the records that we were also fortunate to witness last weekend and are going thru the proper process to get them recognized officially…

We want to congratulate Pam, Bob, and Nica on their efforts and also give Mike Melton a SHOUT out for his efforts timing this year!

Pam Smith 100-Mile Open Track record 14:09:43, breaking her existing Open record of 14:11:26.

Pam Smith 200K Open Track record of 18:47:28, breaking Katalin Nagy's pending Open record of 19:19:05

Pam Smith also apparently set a World 200K Age Group record.

Bob Hearn 200K Age Group M50-54 record of 19:44:20, breaking Ed Ettinghausen's pending Age Group record of 19:46:38

Maria (Nica) Shields 50K Age Group F65-69 record of 5:26:21, breaking the inimitable Helen Klein's existing Age Group record of 5:44:45 from March 1991.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.