Ultra Runners

New Fall 24 Hour - NJ Trail Series One Day, Nov 9-10 (Read 76 times)

On On

Just wanted to let you all know first that we are introducing a 24 hour option similar to 3 Days at the Fair.  We are going to do it in Nov with this year the dates being Nov 9-10.

Same certified 1 mile course as we use for the May race.  Same set up including ability to sleep right by the course, full working toilets and showers.  Aid station will have hot and cold food for the entire race.

Registration is going to open soon, you can go to www.njtrailseries.com/fair for info on the Spring race if you have any questions now.

Hope this race works for everyone.  I know we will do our part to help you achieve your personal goals.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I would consider volounteering with the GF again like we did at 3-days.  I don't think my arm can be twisted enough to sign me up as a competitor (yet).

**Ask me about streaking**

Tempting!!
        Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Ooooh .... (damn you!)

Liz

pace sera, sera

On On

Just created the website and opened registration.

www.njtrailseries.com/oneday

ultramarathon/triathlete

Anyone else think the course looks like Darth Vader's head?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

Trail Monster

Oh man! This is so tempting!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Chantilly75

Looks good. Would like to work it in.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

On On

This race is coming up next weekend.  After USA Nationals last weekend there are now 4 Automatic spots taken for the USA 24 Hour Team on both the Mens and Womens side.

Conservatively I am thinking you need to do at least 151 to get on the Mens Team and probably 130 for the Womens Team.

Based on my knowledge and the USATF site WG is number 6 on the women's Team as of right now.  That is assuming 2014 World's would be before 6/16/2014.

Both the 5th and 6th women on the list come off if World's is after 6/16/2014.

Deb Horn, 131.117 miles, 12/16/2012, Desert Solstice, Phoenix, AZ (mark valid thru 6/16/2014)
                    Wrigley Girl, 128.132 miles, 12/16/2012, Desert Solstice, Phoenix, AZ (mark valid thru 6/16/2014)

For the Men Serge Arbona did 151 on this course in May and is sitting as 5th man so it is definitely possible.

5th and 6th for Men (as of USATF site)

Serge Arbona 151.0 miles 5/18/2013, Three Days at the Fair, Sussex, NJ
                    Harvey Lewis 150.42 miles 9/22/2013 North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH

Still room on the course for more runners.  Let me know if you are coming.  Will be a great time.  6 and 12 hour options for those not interested in having 24 hours of fun.

TripleBock

Although this is right on, I would add that in 2013 the men ran with 5.  Because they ran out of men with the minimum of 135 qualifying distance (Yes people decline the invitation).  In 2012 I made the mistake of thinking 150+ or bust at 2 races I was in shape and had a shot at 150+.  Early on it was obvious I was pushing too hard (1st 6 hours) and I did not back of until it was 2 late (> 12 hours).

My point is if you can make sure to get a keeper in the boat ~  I am really pulling for WG to make it !  Amazing experience.

This race is coming up next weekend.  After USA Nationals last weekend there are now 4 Automatic spots taken for the USA 24 Hour Team on both the Mens and Womens side.

Conservatively I am thinking you need to do at least 151 to get on the Mens Team and probably 130 for the Womens Team.

Based on my knowledge and the USATF site WG is number 6 on the women's Team as of right now.  That is assuming 2014 World's would be before 6/16/2014.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Kalsarikännit

Unless I am missing a chunk of info (and if I am, please share), absolutely no information has been released as to the qualifying procedures for the 2014 World Championships. Everything I have heard about who is in or out is based upon the selection procedures used for 2013. This year they may pick based upon who can run a backwards mile the fastest while juggling. We don't know.

Also, if I recall correctly, the 2012 National Championship was not an automatic qualifier for the World's team (which was a non-issue based on Olsen and Sabrina's mileage).  If that holds true for this year, Connie would be in the four spot based upon her mileage at World's. I don't know. Like I said, no information has been made public.

Hasher, is this thing about coming off the list if the race is after 6/16 based on any current info or going off the past standard of year and a half of eligibility, and where can I find this information?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

On On

They don't update it often but here is the link on the USATF site.  Last update 10/19/2013

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2014/World-24-Hour-Run-Championships/Athlete-Info/Selection-Procedures.aspx

Unless I am missing a chunk of info (and if I am, please share), absolutely no information has been released as to the qualifying procedures for the 2014 World Championships. Everything I have heard about who is in or out is based upon the selection procedures used for 2013. This year they may pick based upon who can run a backwards mile the fastest while juggling. We don't know.

Also, if I recall correctly, the 2012 National Championship was not an automatic qualifier for the World's team (which was a non-issue based on Olsen and Sabrina's mileage).  If that holds true for this year, Connie would be in the four spot based upon her mileage at World's. I don't know. Like I said, no information has been made public.

Hasher, is this thing about coming off the list if the race is after 6/16 based on any current info or going off the past standard of year and a half of eligibility, and where can I find this information?

Kalsarikännit

They don't update it often but here is the link on the USATF site.  Last update 10/19/2013

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2014/World-24-Hour-Run-Championships/Athlete-Info/Selection-Procedures.aspx

Gdmt. Thanks. There was nothing on the info provided to the runners from the team, no info when you google this, or from any of my other sources. They hide this stuff well.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Gdmt. Thanks. There was nothing on the info provided to the runners from the team, no info when you google this, or from any of my other sources. They hide this stuff well.

LOL

For some crazy reason I always compare the USATF to a real-life version of the "Wizard of Oz"... The Great OZ is hard to figure out and you may not get the real answers on how to get back to Kansas.

John

On On

NJ Trail Series One Day is coming up again this year.  About 4.5 weeks away.  We will definitely have a bigger crowd this year with a handful of men and women shooting for the qualifying standard to make their respective Teams for Worlds.

Let me know if you have any questions.  The giveaway this year is a heavy weight hoodie with the race logo.

Hope to see you there.