Ultra Runners

Cancellation of the 9th 24 Hour IAU World & European Championship in Brugg, Switzerland (Read 224 times)

Fresh in from the IAU

This is to inform our readers that the 9th 24 Hour IAU World and European Championships in Brugg have been cancelled.   We have received word from the Brugg Local Organizing Committee today that due to some logistical and organizational matters the race will unfortunately be unable to be organized in Brugg in 2011.

We do want to thank the organizers for their efforts in the last few months/weeks to work hard to make this event go ahead. Regrettably, some issues at the end could not be overcome.

Nevertheless, the IAU Executive Committee, as of today, has started looking at alternate sites to host the event. We do not have any plausible dates yet until we can firm up a location.

We understand that a lot of nations have their national championships organized around the IAU world championships. We will endeavour to announce these championships (date and location) as soon as we receive a firm commitment from a host city.

In the meantime if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Nadeem Khan
    IAU Director of Communications
    nadeem.khan@iau-ultramarathon.org

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

DB is not going to like this news.  I hope they find an alternative.

DoppleBock

Well as long as they hold it in 2011 - I cna live with it

1)  I count beans and the 1st 4 days fo the month would make it an extreme hardship

2)  I was planning on taking a minimum amount of vacation - so I hope it does not get "further away" - Although with Japan's mens dominance - They should get the honor of hosting.

Now my 2011 race / training schedule is in complete flux.

April 9th Mad City 100k National Champs race - Not if the 24 race is in May

Leadville 100M - Likely be an improvement with more recovery time

Really the rest of 2010 is set for training no matter what - 1)  Get healthy and 2) lose weight.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !