Ultra Runners

2013 Ultra Race Calendar (Read 1290 times)

Ojo

Finally decided on a few races for next year:

4/6/13 Go! St. Louis Marathon (St. Louis, MO)

6/14/13 TARC Trail Race - 50 miles (Weston, MA)

10/6/13 Nipmuck Trail Marathon (Ashford, CT)

10/20/13 Bimbler's Bluff 50k (Guilford, CT)

Thanks!

Sara

MM #2929

Tentative schedule:

9/21 NorthCoast 24 Hour

Are we there yet?

I thought I'd already posted here, but I don't see it. Must be old age setting in.

First ultra ever - NC 24 12-hour run Sep 21 (at least I hope to exceed the marathon distance)

2017 Goals: for races not to be exercises in futility

Demon of Bad Decisions

3/16/13 - Georgia Death Race (Georgia)

Darn it! My father retired in Blue Ridge a few years ago and I can never find races close him. This looks perfect. I wish it fit in my schedule. I have hiked the entire AT through Georgia (and the Amicalola approach trail), and I know those trails are very tough and relentless.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Darn it! My father retired in Blue Ridge a few years ago and I can never find races close him. This looks perfect. I wish it fit in my schedule. I have hiked the entire AT through Georgia (and the Amicalola approach trail), and I know those trails are very tough and relentless.

The Death Race filled up before I even saw it.  Will have to pay attention to it next year.

There is a Double Top 100 race in early March in the Cohutta mountains which has not filled yet.

Unfortunately, I'm probably an idiot.

I signed up for Umstead 100 for April 6, 2013.  The race director of Georgia Death Race is a friend of mine, and, when he announced the Georgia Death Race, I initially declined, because GDR is only three weeks before Umstead.  A short time later, though, I succumbed to the hype and the excitement.  I am now signed for for both. 

Georgia Death Race is only 60 miles (in that ultramarathon loosely-approximate sense), but it includes over 30,000 feet of elevation change.  Everyone who runs that race is going to be totally destroyed for at least a week or two. 

I am confident in my ability to make a showing for both races, but I'm probably shoving my chances for a sub-24-hour Umstead under the bus. 

1/12  Bandera 100k  Bandera, TX            (They are holding my very, very, very favorite race on my birthday!  What a present!)

On a suggestion, to see what Ultra running is all about, I will be volunteering at one of the aide stations in January.  Looking forward to the experience.

DoppleBock

Hey Mr Hot legs - Are you ignoring me on purpose - Was it the Trollop remark? 

-Tentative 2013 (planning on sticking closer to home in 2013)

Feb 2 John Dick Crusty 50k - WI  Hope to Volunteer instead

Mar 16 Fox Cities Marathon Backward - WI

Mar 23 Clinton Lakes 30M (singed up and paid for)

Apr 15 Boston Marathon - MA

Apr 20 Mad City 100k - WI

May 11 Ice Age 50M - WI

Jun 1  KM100 - WI

Jun 22 Keys Peak 50k - WI

Jul 13 DWD 50M - WI

Sep 6 Superior 100M - MN 

After that I do not know

In the Western States Lottery - But with a 6% chance (1 ticket) of getting in, I think this will stand.

Other funs race not worthy of making the ultra-list

Point Bock 5 mile (Mar 2nd)

H&S 5 Mile (Jul 3rd)

Seymour Bun Run 5k (Aug 3rd)

Otto Grunski Runski 10k (Aug 10th)

The fall is fuzzy

Fast Marathon?

Glacial Trail 50M?

24 the Hard Way?

Retired 1/1/13 ... Tired of being broken and fat  ... Hit 296# Memorial Day 2016 - New goal = To be able to enjoy running 4-5 hours through the woods again by Fall 2016.

Trail Dog

The Death Race filled up before I even saw it.  Will have to pay attention to it next year.

There is a Double Top 100 race in early March in the Cohutta mountains which has not filled yet.

I heard through the grapevine that there may be an additional 50 spots opening for the Georgia Death Race. Will keep you posted.

I heard through the grapevine that there may be an additional 50 spots opening for the Georgia Death Race. Will keep you posted.

Thank you.

DoppleBock

I guess I am being shunned 

Hey Mr Hot legs - Are you ignoring me on purpose - Was it the Trollop remark? 

Retired 1/1/13 ... Tired of being broken and fat  ... Hit 296# Memorial Day 2016 - New goal = To be able to enjoy running 4-5 hours through the woods again by Fall 2016.

Bacon Party!

June 29 - Western States

Liz

pace sera, sera

June 29 - Western States

Congratulations!

Upcoming races: 1/9 Bridle Trails 50K, 1/30 Lake Youngs Nuts Run 50K, 2/14 My Better Half, 3/5 Dupont Trail Marathon, 4/2 Umstead 100

Bacon Party!

Thank you :-)

Liz

pace sera, sera

Jan 13, Frozen Gnome 50K, IL

May 11, Ice Age 50 mile, WI